Saturday, February 27, 2010

Butterfly Blessings - 411 Challenge

 
Today I am posting a card i made for the stamping 411 sketch challenge.  I am going to a dinner party tonight and Terry (our hostess) would not let me bring any food, so I decided instead I would bring her a pack of 6 homemade cards.  I made two of this design.  this one says blessings to you.  The other blue butterfly card says congratulations.  In addition, I am giving her 2 panda cards and two inspired by nature cards.  I hope she likes them.  

Recipe for today's card:  The butterflies are from a retired hostess set with baskets and stuff.  I just love the butterfly and used 4 shades of blue copic markers.  Then I punched them with a small circle and layered them on some bashful blue DSP in a slightly larger circle.  To finish, I put some versamark pen ink on them and embossed with irridescent ice.  I had found this pretty ribbon at Ink about it and paired it with ballet blue and bashful blue DSP.  The white is polka dot embossed with the big shote.   The sentiment is from Amuse.  to play along with the challenge go to the site.  You have till Wed (I think) to play along.  http://stamping411.blogspot.com/2010/02/saturday-sketch-challenge-140.html

10 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

First, I love those butterflies. They are dainty and perfect. I also really like the monochromatic color scheme. Beautiful job!

Dallas said...

I love butterflies too and this card is simply beautiful :o)

Crafting Clare said...

I always think a blue and white colour scheme is classy. Your glittery butterflies are beautiful - you can see them better if you click on the photo to enlarge it.

Stampinginbedford said...

Hi Linda, Your card is great and I love the way you incorporated the three elements in the sketch. Is Northbridge anywhere near Bedford?
Priscilla

Robin Merriman said...

Beautiful job here - love your color combo and the freshness of your card! Thanks for playing along this week!

Patti Chesky said...

Beautiful!!! I how the varying hues of blue.

Connie said...

Great gift...love the floating butterflies. Thanks for playing along this week!

Tiffany Bauer said...

So pretty!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Stamping 411 Blog this week!!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Beautiful Clean, fresh lines. Love it!

gbarron56 said...

so fresh and cute -- love it! Excellent job with this week's sketch. Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411 Operators! Blessings, Gretchen