Monday, February 22, 2010

Chinese New Year Cards

I work 30 hours a week at a high tech semiconductor job.  I love it.  I work with our I/T systems for sales and pricing and one of the things I love best about my job is interacting with a group of international people.  We have main offices in Munich Germany,  Tokyo Japan and Taipei Taiwan, plus the corporate office where I work in Norwood MA.  About once a year they host a conference where some of the people I work with from the other offices gather.  The conference starts tommorrow.  Last week was chinese new year.  There are two people coming from our Taiwan office so I know it's late, but I wanted to make them each a card to honor their major holiday.   I wanted to find a tiger stamp since 2010 is the year of the tiger, but I didn't find a cute one in time.  So instead I used the Asian Artistry set and played with a few variations.   I also had some very old DSP Ginger Blossom that had a nice Asian theme to it so I just got busy this weekend playing around.  I think I'll use the blue bird for my male co-worker Jackcy and I'll use the red rose for my female co-worker Karen.  Both were colored  with copic markers. 

Also, do any of you notice anything different about my pictures?  I bought myself a watermark!  A website I visit had them for sale.  It cost $2.00 and she e-mailed me the image.  I got to say what the name/website was, she designed it and sent it to me.  Basically when you take your picture and you are editing it, you add the watermark so everyone who sees the photo knows who made it and the website to check out.  Kind of cool - I thought.  Now I'm really high tech!

Recipe:
Bird - Card Stock - Kraft, Baja Breeze, Bella blue DSP, PTI white, Always Artichoke
Stamp: Asian Artistry (Stampin up)
Ribbon: Always Artichoke grosgrain, linen thread
Accessories:  Ticket corner punch, copic markers, momento brown ink
Flower - Card Stock - Ginger Blossom DSP, Always Artichoke, Whisper White
Ink: Momento black, copic markers

No comments: