Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Easter Card for the Sweet Sunday Challenge

 
It is cold and dreary in New England today.  We started with snow, sleet and a 2 hour school delay and now it's just cloudy, icy and raining.  The dogs and I want to go to walk, but not in this stuff.  I can't wait till spring and have been enjoying using spring themes and colors in my cards.  I had a work conference yesterday and today so I'm pooped (up at 5am, home at 9pm and tired from concentrating) but but luckily we ended at 2pm today so tonight it will be American Idol and stamping to send off the last Easter cards in my packet for soldiers tomorrow.  I couldn't help myself and stopped at ink about it when the conference ended early today and picked up some basic stamps for spring - clouds, grass, chocolate bunny and of course some new ribbon and spring shimmer papers.  Hopefully you'll see some fun new spring posts as I start creating!  Today's post is from a challenge from Sunday.  The challenge was to make a card using the sketch below. Wow - it was a challenge.  Since I like simple, non-busy cards, it was hard to do.  I focused on a color theme of blue and liked the solid color variation.   Check out the blog http://kgiron.blogspot.com/ if you want to play along next week.  
Here is the challenge sketch:



Recipe:  Card Stock; Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, Blue Bayou, Whisper White
Stamp Set: Teeny, tiny wishes, flower for every season
Accessories:  Punches, Grommets, Baja Breeze Ribbon.

Thanks for looking - leave a comment!





1 comment:

krs__21 said...

I really like the Modern Label punch "mount" behind the oval - very cool!