Sunday, February 28, 2010

Panda - You make a difference

 
Good morning everyone.   I am especially pleased with the results in  today's post - I just think this panda is the cutest darned thing.  It is such a simple little image, but I love him.  I  think he looks especially darling in his simple backdrop with the green and black. 
Here in New England it is another gray day.  Sigh.  Very often our family will get away this time of year, but due to a number of factors, we are staying put.  Spring seems very far off, although I know that in just a few weeks there will be crocus and buds coming up.  Hopefully it will be dry enough today to take the doggies for a long walk this afternoon. Just being out in the fresh air is so uplifting.  I also am looking forward to church this morning.  That is another bright spot in my day, I love church - seeing friends, hearing about God's love and being challenged to find ways to be more loving to those I encounter.  
I find this time of year I have to be very deliberate about counting my blessings.  There really are a million blessings out there each moment.  I just have to pause and reflect on them.   Really, it has potential to be a really nice day.  We can have lunch after church, go for a nice long walk with the dogs and then come home and make a fire.    How cozy will it be to enjoy a cup of tea (or maybe a glass of wine) and catch up on some reading in the late afternoon.  Who cares that it's not spring - there is much to enjoy about today.  Wow - I feel better already!
So, want to know the recipe for today's card?  Here it is:

Card Stock: Amuse shimmer green, Amuse Shimmer Green patterned paper, papertrey ink white and stampin up basic black.
Accessories:  Stampin up black velvet ribbon, copic markers
Stamps:  Amuse Panda, Amuse Bamboo, Amuse 'you make a difference.'
The panda was stamped in momento black and then cut out.

By the way, this card is going to Eric's basketball coach from all the boys on the team.  He is a great guy and did a wonderful job with the team this year.

No comments: