Monday, March 1, 2010

Blue Bird Thank You - Kazans sketch 47

Happy Monday everyone and happy new month.  I was very happy to get to work this morning and turn over my calendar (hand stamped by my cousin as a christmas gift.)  As much as I dislike March, it must be endured to get to April and April is one of my favorite months.  Partly because my # 1 daughter was born in April but partly because the newness of spring in New England is so captivating.  Green grass, green buds and yellow daffodils will fill the wooded landscape in just a few short weeks.  I am very ready!!!

I spotted this 2 Sketches 4 you challenge and was inspired to create a card today.  I won't have any time for card making for a few days - Esther Bible Study on Tuesday, District Basketball game Wednesday, church friends over Thursday and then my Mom visits for the weekend arriving Friday.  So, since I need a thank you card to go out, I decided to make it today.

I am loving blue and I'm loving birds right now so I decided to work with my Asian Artistry set from Stampin up and some of my new Amuse turquoise papers.  The bird is colored with copics and then penned in with versamark to add irridescent ice as an embossed layer.  She is really beautiful in person.  I hope you get a flavor of her dimension in the photo.  Thanks for stopping by tonight.  Enjoy!

8 comments:

Kay said...

Lovely card! The bird stamp is so gorgeous! Fabulous job with the challenge! Thank you for joining us at 2S4Y! ♥♥ Kay

Kathy Martin said...

Sweet card! Love that little bird! :)

Cheryl Nelson said...

lovely!

Alice Wertz said...

wonderful card! very lovely image!

Kazan Clark said...

so elegant - love the glitter on the blue bird too :)

krs__21 said...

Love it! It's simple but has great proportions and a great balance between the blank space and the designer paper, topped off with a nice bit of sparkle for a perfect finishing touch.

Heather P. said...

Simply gorgeous!

Thanks for playing along with us @ 2S4Y. :)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

How beautiful Linda! This is such a terrific sketch! Love the sparkle on that bird! :D