Monday, March 15, 2010

Cameo Coral - Dusty Durango flowers


















Today's post is for the sweet sunday sketch challenge from Karen Giron's blog.  I really loved the layout here and had trouble deciding what to do.  My first thought was to do easter eggs, but I had been working with Cameo Coral this weekend and decided to stick with the flower theme.  This card blends some of Stampin up's newer colors with some favorite oldies.  I also dug out some of my retired sets, but I know Stampin up offers very similar stamps for both the retired ones I used here.

I realized today that Cameo Coral works really nicely with Dusty Durango.  The coral really softens up the durango and adds a really nice contrast for the two step rose stamp.    Thanks for looking.  Leave me a comment if you have time!


Recipe:  
Stamps: Wild Rose, French Script, Happy Mothers Day (Amuse)
Card Stock:  Cameo Coral, Very Vanilla
Ink: Cameo Coral, Dusty Durango, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive
Accessories: Dusty Durango Ribbon
Technique:  Cut-out, two step stamping.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is just beautiful! Love the colors!

Beth said...

This is lovely! What a great job with the sketch :)Gorgeous flowers and colours!

krs__21 said...

Love it! It's really pretty...

Karen Giron said...

This is beautiful! I love the CC with DD - those flowers really pop!