Monday, March 22, 2010

English Daisy SSSC61


Good morning everyone.  Do you ever really enjoy a monday morning?  Today I did.  Call me crazy, but sometimes it's nice to start a fresh new week when you've had an enjoyable and productive weekend.  This weekend our weather was unseasonably warm.  I was able to get one of our area rugs outside and thoroughly clean it.  I also cleaned most of the windows in the main floor and did a top to bottom dusting and vacuuming.  In addition, my dear husband was out raking and edging so the garden beds are ready for the buds to come up. 

This morning it was so satisfying to drink my cup of coffee and not see dirty windows or piles of dust showing up.   Then when I took the dogs for a walk, I saw neat garden beds along the driveway. Yeah.  That is a good monday morning.  Plus all the laundry is caught up AND there is food in the pantry/fridge!  How blessed we are.

Anyway, on to today's card post.  This was the sweet sunday sketch challenge from Karen.  I decided to do a square version of this and I was inspired to do the gardening theme with this cute Lockhart stamp.   I just found out from facebook that an old friend of mine has a birthday coming up.  I'll probably add a nice birthday sentiment to the inside and (hopefully) get this in the mail to her this week! Thanks for looking.  Leave a note if you have time!

Recipe:
Card Stock: Amuse card base, stampin up certainly celery, pti white, pti plu, pti lavendar
Stamp:  English Daisy from Lockhart
Accessories:  Scallop Die, Circle Punch, ribbon pti plum - poly twill, copic markers (grey, green and purples)

3 comments:

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Love your fresh and springy card!! Lovely!!

Beth said...

Great sketch card Linda! Love the colors!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty Linda! You did a lovely job with Karen's sketch! I'm loving that PTI Plum that you've been using!