Monday, March 15, 2010

Fresh start


Today I am happy to have a fresh start to a new week.  Last week was exhausting.  My son and his friends had try-outs for 16 and under AAU basketball and it was just crazy.  It was a mess all around.  One of the boys heard that there was a great program, but it was 45 minutes away.  His older brother played for a team there and to listen to the boys talk, it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.  In reality, it was a poorly managed program with what appeared to be mediocre coaching.  But, everyone (parents included) bought the hype and we all drove 45 minutes each way on Mon/Tues and Wed to have to boys try out.  Providence intervened and the boys were never even asked to play on the team, but openings came up at the local team at the last minute.  So Thursday, my son will go 5 minutes down the road to play with a local team for 1/2 the money of the other program.  But last week was high drama, high hopes and lots of mis-communication and hurt feelings all around.  So, I am glad to have a new week starting and last week behind us.

For today's post, I made a mothers day card (part of our cards for soldiers packet) based on a sketch challenge.  I typically don't make cards with several layers, but this one was fun, especially since I used a bunch of solid colors.

Don't you love the purple flowers on this stamp?  When I was down in RI earlier this month, the stamp store was having a club class.  The ladies were all using this stamp set for a card they made.  I fell in love and this cutie pie stamp found it's way in my basket to come home.  I'm so glad I got it.  I think it is so pretty and fun for spring and summer cards.  What do you think?

Recipe:
Stamp:  Lockhart - English daisies, Amuse  - happy mothers day greeting
Card stock:  Paper trey ink, lavender, plum, egg hunt (patterned paper), white
Ink:  plum
Accessories:  plum ribbon, lavender ribbon, pearl accents, copic markers




6 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

Super cute coloring on the flower pot. I love your colors. Beautiful work!

Patti Chesky said...

Spring is on it's way!!! Your card is a lovely reminder of what is in the near future! Beautiful job with the sketch!!

Beth said...

These are both great Mother's Day cards! So nice that you are sending them overseas for the soldiers to use :)

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Beautiful colors and the watercoloing is wonderful!

Tiffany Bauer said...

So pretty!! Great job using our sketch and thanks for playing along with us over at Stamping 411!!

Connie said...

Very cute...great intrepretation of the sketch! Thanks for playing along this week!