Sunday, March 21, 2010

He is risen - Easter Card SSC 143


When I saw the Saturday Sketch Challenge and noticed it was a rectangular layering technique I was very happy.  You see, yesterday, I was at Joanne fabrics buying supplies for my son's DNA project and what did I find there, but Spellbinders NESTABILITIES!  I have never seen those at any of the big craft stores before.  Of course I had my 40% coupon with me, so I was so excited to get my first set.  They didn't have a huge selection, but since I have no nestabilities, I was very happy to start with the basics.  It was really easy to use with my cuttlebug.  I had read some on-line tutorials, but the instructions that came with the set were very straightforward.

So, then the only challenge was what stamp image to use.  Since Easter is coming up, I thought I would use this borrowed set that really focuses on the christian Easter message.   What a very cool concept that we have a living God that loves us - Jesus! 

I don't have a lot of spring DSP's, but still love, love, love this retired DSP from stampin up with Baja Breeze, Kraft and Chocolate chip so I picked the blue/kraft color scheme and went to work.  Thanks for looking!  Leave a note if you can!

8 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

This is SO gorgeous! I love the big scripty font and your overall presentation! Wonderful work!

Donna said...

Beautiful card! Love the sentiment and the colors.

Kris said...

o I love this simplicity-gorgeous!

Patti Chesky said...

What an elegant Easter card. Love the sentiment.

Connie said...

Wonderful sentiment...perfect for Easter! Thanks for playing along this week!

Robin Merriman said...

Beautiful job with your card - I love that stamp set and regret that I didn't purchase it! Thanks for playing along with us this week!
He is Risen - He is Risen indeed!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Simple. Classy and Elegant. Love it!

Tiffany Bauer said...

What a great CAS card!! Well done!! Thanks for taking the time this week to play along with us over at Stamping 411!!