Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunny Sunday - Pure Innocence MFT Easter Card

Good morning.  What a treat.  The sun is shining.  What a difference the sun makes in my attitude.  I'm looking forward to seeing friends at church and hearing the word of God, then home for a simple lunch and if the weather holds, a long walk with the dogs.  I have housework to do, but somehow since the sun is shining it just seems more appropriate to get outside and enjoy it.  The floors can be cleaned another day, and the laundry etc....

Today's post is from a super cute new stamp I got yesterday.  I have a project I'm working on that I can't find the right materials for.  I'm looking to design a thank you card for our church's step into Africa initiative.  I'm looking for non-animal Africa materials and am having a hard time finding stuff.  What I really want is some children, but most of the stamp sets with children are very American/European looking.  So I keep stopping into stamp stores when I'm out and about hoping to find something.  Yesterday I was down in Rhode Island so I stopped into a stamp store Bella Art.  Very nice store.  Very nice people.  I'd never been, but was hoping they might have some Africa stuff.  They didn't, but they had a lot of really cute spring things.  So, of course, I walked out of the store with a few new spring things.

This stamp is from 'my favorite things.'  Isn't she just the cutest thing? Hope you all have a nice relaxing Sunday.  Thanks for stopping by and looking!

Recipe:
Card Stock:  Whisper White, plum pudding (pti) Egg Hunt DSP (pti.)
Accessories:  plum pudding ribbon (pti), ticket corner punch, crystal, copic markers
Stamp set:  Pure Innocence for My Favorite Things
Technique:  Paper piecing. 

How to do paper piecing.  If you've never done this before, here's how.  it super easy.  Stamp your image on both your designer paper and your white card stock.  Cut out all the places where the dress is showing on your image.  for this one, I had 6 different cut outs.  One for the main dress.  Two for the dress under the arms, 1 for the dress above the basket and 2 for the shoes.  Once it's cut, glue the designer paper images onto the white card stock image.  Be sure to color in the image first before you glue the paper pieces on.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Such a cute image with the little Easter Basket and great colouring :)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is just darling Linda! I love these sweet little girls! Your paper piecing turned out perfectly! Bella Art is such a fun store! I haven't been to their new one yet though! :D