Saturday, March 20, 2010

sweet sixteen

We have a beautiful spring day here in New England.  For the first time in a long time, we have the windows open in the house and my husband and I got out and started clearing some of the garden beds out.  It's nice to see the bulbs starting to come up.

Today's post is a pure copy cat project.  I saw Debbie's beautiful daisy card using the Lockhart stamp and thought I would use that layout for a birthday card my son will need next week.  One of his friends (Emma) is having a fancy sweet 16 party.  It is semi-formal and Eric needed to get some new dress pants (and a tie) to wear for the big event next week.  Her invitations were bright pink and white so I decided to stay in that color scheme for her card.  In typical fashion, my son won't buy a gift - too personal for a friend that is a girl, but is not his girlfriend, so this card will get a Dunkin Donuts gift card added to it.  It's better than his idea of a $20.00 bill!  Anyway, back to the card.  I had fun playing with the colors and the design.  I struggled with the sentiment because I really wanted to include sweet 16, but finally realized I have my digital studio, so I used the regal rose and script font to get an exact match on the sentiment.    I don't hardly use MDS for card making, mostly I use it to make photo albums and now I've discovered how easy it is to customize my sentiments for cards like this.

Anyway, check out Debbie's original.  Her card is really something special and I love her idea of having he ribbon come up and around the big circle center.

http://debbiedesigns.typepad.com/muse_and_amuse/2010/03/daisies-and-roses.html

Card Recipe:

Card Stock: PTI white card stock, Regal Rose card Stock, Amuse papers - shimmer pink pattern, 
 Stamp:  Here comes the bride (cake)
Accessories:  Word Window Punch, Regal Rose Grosgrain ribbon, MDS, Large scallop die, 2 cir cle punches, scallop edge, shimmer ink, copic markers

1 comment:

Shirley said...

This is just gorgeous, Linda! Stopped by to let you know your card will be posted shortly! And thanks again for participating too!