Thursday, April 1, 2010

Birds in the Thistle sketch 48

Today really feels like spring here in New England.  We've had rain for so long, but today the rain has stopped and we might even see the sun.  I think the flowers are going to be exceptional this year.  My daffodils are up with buds on them.  I'm hoping we get some yellow showing this weekend.

Today's post is a thank you card I'll send to my Dad and Step mom.  My son visited them this week during his spring break and I know they spoiled him rotten while he was there. 

So, don't you just love this stamp image?   It's a new one that I got called Thistle Garden by Leigh Hannon from Impression Obsession.  I think I'll have a ton of fun playing with this one in different colors and shapes.  The stamp is actually horizontal, but I stamped it, colored it and then cut it to become vertical to meet the sketch challenge I was trying to do.  I love, love, love the birds and had fun with the colors.  The green card base is certainly celery and so is the wide twill ribbon.  The mat is bermuda blue.  The image was stamped on PTI white and the scallop edge was punched out of whisper white. The sentiment is from, you guessed it, teeny tiny wishes - a very versatile set since the sentiments are nice and small to add to just about any project.

If I have time, I hope to make a few more of these to send to the school fundraising auction later in April.  I hope to have a few boxed sets of cards to donate and this general image should be good for that.  Maybe I'll even put some out on Etsy!

4 comments:

krs__21 said...

FABULOUS!!! What a lovely job coloring it! I love it.

Shirley said...

Totally lovely and so unique and thoughtful too!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Oh my Linda! What a gorgeous card! I adore the colors and your coloring is just wonderful too! :D

Karen McAlpine said...

Hi Linda, Pretty card. I just love bird themes this Spring too. We are having great weather here in Michigan. Peonies are starting to poke through. Have a great day!