Thursday, April 29, 2010

I like you berry much


Do you love strawberries? Don't these look good enough to eat?  I love these two stamps and had a lot of fun playing with card designs.  The stamp is from flourishes and it's a set with several strawberry images.  This big one is easy to become a focal point but there are some other really nice images as well.  I'll have fun playing with these this summer.  The sentiment is from Amuse and it's super sweet with the swirls.  I put some black behind both of them to make it a little classy.  You probably can't tell from the photo, but I went over the seeds with some black pearl stuff - comes in a bottle like stickles only instead of being shiny it's mat.  I also put white shimmer paint on the blossoms.  The card base is very vanilla so I wanted to do something to make the flower blossoms look finished.  I found this nice ribbon at a scrapbooking store.  It's silk and it is great to work with.  I put a thin line of green on the inside of the card so that my punched edge would be more prominent.  The strawberries were colored with copics.  I started with pink and then went deeper and deeper with the reds as I moved off the vine to mimic real strawberries as they ripen.

My goal is to make 4 of these to send to our sponsored children in Haiti and Africa through world vision.  I bought some dried fruit leather in strawberry flavor and have some colorful bandanas.  We are only able to send what fits in a regular envelope flat so the card, but those fruit leathers are very thin and I can typically fit a bandana in easily too.    In my letters, I'll tell them about New England spring and how our fruit comes in season soon.  If all goes well, I'll have the other cards done and get this off to the post office on Saturday.

1 comment:

Beth said...

This is a great card Linda! Super colouring - a nice sentiment and layout too!