Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Less is more

Sometimes I get busy making a fancy card.  I add all kinds of DSP, ribbon and mix in multiple colors.  But then I see a simple card with a great focal point and I say 'wow' that is really nice.  Last night I was playing with my new Country Morning stamp set and the first time I had the rooster going I was coloring him in and putting him on gingham paper.  He wasn't bad but then I thought - he's super cute just by himself and decided to do a very basic and simple card with just browns.  The picture doesn't do him justice.  He is really quite nice all plain and simple.  There are a few touches to make him special.  The ribbon, the chocolate chip mat, the angled chocolate chip DSP mat and dimensionals to make the rooster stamp above it all.  I think he's kind of nice.    Thanks for looking - enjoy your day!

1 comment:

krs__21 said...

Well, yes he is handsome... it was a surprise, though, not to see the image colored in! The simple background design suits the image very well.