Monday, April 12, 2010

Preparing for Friday's mini-courses part II


So mini-courses are Friday the 16th so this past weekend I was busy cutting and scoring paper so when the 14 students come to my house on Friday they have all their materials ready to go to make their 4 cards.  This card is super cute, but I spent a WHILE cutting and scoring to get this one ready.  I hope the teens like it.  I am feeling very confident now that I have the cards all prepped and ready to go.  All I need now is a quick trip to the craft store to get a second Momento Ink Pad and some additional mini-pearl accents.  I'll  probably send my husband on the errand on his way home from work one night this week. He's so sweet, he doesn't mind stopping and the ladies in the store even know him now.  He always arrives with a detailed list (sometimes with scraps of card stock samples so he gets it right.) He even remembers my frequent shopper card.  I have him trained well don't I.  The only problem is, every time he goes to the store he realizes that it's $20.00 (or sometimes more) and he has a SMALL bag of goodies.  Not that I'm trying to hide things from him, but if he didn't buy the stuff for me, he'd assume that a small bag of 3 or 4 things would have only cost $5.00.   

Anyway, back to my card.  Don't you love how the regal rose adds a nice pop of color on top of Pink Pioruette (aren't you glad this color is coming back??)  Also, don't you love the classic elegance of the script sentiment with the old fashion charm of the bird in the cage?  I think these two sets go so well together!!!

I'll let the students decide on the sentiment for the inside, but the Wonderful Mother is also a great choice - if they want this for their mothers day card.  The love you and birthday greetings are also just fine - just depends on what you need!

Enjoy the day, thanks for stopping by!!!

Recipe:
Card Stock: Pink Pioroutte, Regal Rose, Mellow Moss, DSP (pink and white)
Accessories:  Regal Rose Ribbon, scallop border punch
Stamps:  Well Scripted, Sale A Bration set (can't remember the name.)

3 comments:

wrapknot said...

you are amazing! they didn't offer cool stuff like that at school. love the projects, wish i could be there too!

krs__21 said...

OH OH I LOVE THIS!! What a great design!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Love what you did for this layout Linda! It was my favorite from the other night! Thrilled that the pink is coming back! Love it! :D