Sunday, April 11, 2010

Preparing for Friday's mini-courses



Every year, my son's high school sends a bunch of kids on Choir Tour.  Since it's a very musical school, that pulls out about 30% of the students and teachers for one, sometimes two days of classes.  For the remaining students they offer an interesting curriculum they call mini-courses.  On that day, they invite parents and alumni to teach a full day of material or a 1/2 day of material.  A few years ago, I started offering 'card making' as a 1/2 day mini-course.  The other courses are things like cooking, outdoor activities like hiking or golf and in general topics that the students may find interesting or fun that the parents have some expertise in.

Mini-courses are this Friday and I'm expecting 2 groups of students at my home.  Each group will be maxed at 7 which will allow me some individual attention with the students who are less familiar with card making and scrapbooking techniques.  To prepare, I'll be spending most of today cutting and scoring paper so I'm ready with materials for 14 students to each make 4 cards (2 groups of 7.) 

This is one of the designs we'll be making.  I wanted to introduce the students to flower soft, and thought this little window box image would be nice.  I also like this for the students since there are several sentiments they can choose from to match their needs.  From the last two years, I know that each student likes to have some ability to customize their card and giving them options for sentiments is a great way to do that.  I included an image of the full stamp set to show the different sentiment options.

Recipe:  
Stamp:  Amuse simple wishes - clear set
Card Stock; Cameo Coral (I'm going to miss this one), Peach blossom
Ink: momento black, cameo coral
Accessories:  Flower soft (sweet pea),  pearls, corner ticket punch, window word punch, soft suede ribbon

2 comments:

krs__21 said...

Really cute card! I love this stamp set and the flower soft is perfect in the window box.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

So sweet Linda! Love the addition of the Flower Soft! Beautifully done! :D