Friday, April 30, 2010

PTI Chairished

Happy Friday everyone.  I am sitting here on my comfy chair still in my dog walking clothes feeling a tad guilty.  I've had an awful cold all week.  I spent the week hoping and pretending I was getting better when I wasn't. I have no voice today and my head is pounding so I did something, I never do.  I called in sick to work.  My co-workers are probably thankful.  They listened to me cough, sneeze and blow my nose all week and they are probably glad I didn't come in with more germs today.  But I do still feel guilty.  Why do I feel I have to be productive all the time, even when I'm sick???  Must be some psychological quirk or a function of my DNA.  After this post I think I'm heading back to bed.

So, my papertrey ink order finally came in on Wednesday.  I was very frustrated waiting 2 weeks for my order.  I posted a comment about the long wait on a papertrey ink forum and was surprised at how 12 people commented on my post raving about what a great company it is and why it's okay to wait 2 weeks for their product.  I agree, I love everything I got, but I still don't think that is a good excuse for poor logistics.  I felt like all those papertrey ink people drank the kool aid.  My opinion is this.  There are some great stamping companies out there.  I've loved everything I got from stampin up, flourishes, amuse and my local store.  Papertrey ink isn't the only game in town.  I respect that they are growing, but they need to get their act together or the casual shopper like me will go elsewhere.    I am probably set with stuff from them for a couple months.  Hopefully when I order again in the summer/fall I will be happy with both their products and their logistics!!!

So on to the card!  I was playing last night with my new stuff and this one just came together.  The image is actually from amuse.  I colored it with oranges and reds and tried to get the faded look by having the seat faded lighter than the back cause that's what happens to a well worn chair in real life.  I just got a glitter pen so I put a little bling on the flowers on the chair and lamp.  The sentiment is from pti - chair-ished.  The doggie is also from that set.  The background is from my new Argyle set.  The colors are dusty durango and chocolate chip.  I think I'll have some fun with my new goodies.  Now off to bed to get better!

No comments: