Sunday, April 18, 2010

Too late for a challenge, but worthy of posting anyway

Good evening stamping friends!  Did everyone have a nice weekend?  I did.  We just got back from NYC where my mom, sister, cousin and daughter and I went to celebrate (belated) Sarah's birthday.  Just us girls for 2 nights in the big city.  We had a lot of fun.  Sarah loves Phantom of the Opera and we were able to get tickets the day of the show for 40% off. 

As for my card, I made this before I left for the Impression Obsession challenge, but didn't have time to do the photo and upload before Saturday's deadline.  The challenge was to use a  card (using one of their stamp sets) and use my high school colors.  Well that was easy since my high school colors were green and gold!!! 
The stamp set is thistle garden, the card stock is pti white and wild wasabi.  I used crushed curry polka dot ribbon backwards to get a nice gold color and a thin mat of black to make the image pop.  I cut out extra birds and pasted them into the long grass to make it a very bird intense card.    I used many different copic greens on the tall grass and several blended yellows on the birds to add shading and dimension. I'll add a sentiment to the inside when I need a card in a hurry.  This one could go to anyone!  Now I have a silly old Caribbean song stuck in my head.  Do any of you remember this one?   'Yellow bird up high in banana tree.. yellow bird, you sit all alone like me.....'

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is lovely Linda! Beautiful colors! I really like this image! I may have to borrow this one! :D