Sunday, May 2, 2010

Batick Flowers for Sarah SSSC7


Each spring when college finals come around, I like to send my daughter Sarah a little care package and an encouraging card.  Well finals start Friday so the care package is all boxed up and ready to be mailed on Monday.  Hopefully she'll have it by Wednesday.  I included some cute summer pj's figuring she will be staying up late studying and it will be fun to have something cute and comfy to hang out in.  I also included some chocolate and home-made peanut butter cookies.  Since Sarah is a little bit of health food freak, I included some dried fruit (mango tropical trail mix) and some cashews (protein for the brain.)  Last but not least is the card.  I saw this batick technique a few weeks ago and really wanted to try it.  It's actually very simple, but a little messy.  I started with my Amuse grass and amuse flower images done in versamark.  Then I used clear embossing on them.  Once that was dried, I sprayed two sprays of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Olive Vine.  Only two sprays left parts of the paper white and it wasn't completely saturated with the green.  Once the shimmer mist was dried I took a sponge dauber and rubbed some baja breeze and bermuda bay ink on the entire area.  By rubbing, it pulled the color off the embossed image and filled in blue into the uninked areas of the paper.  Once done, I had to wipe everything off (my fingers especially) with a baby wipe.  I cut the focal image out and then added three layers of ribbon.  Old olive, bermuda bay and a thin satin white.  Then I attached it to a mat layer of the Bermuda Bay textured card stock and then put the whole thing on an old olive card.  I repeated the process on the punched out oval scallop with the Amuse sentiment and Voila - A batick card for Sarah to go in with her goodies!  Oh and I forgot to tell you, the sentiment is raised using glue dots. 

I used the sweet sunday sketch challenge for my layout.  It's a nice easy sketch to work with and I was glad for the inspiration.  Hope you all have a great Sunday Evening.  Off to make dinner and RELAX!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Oh my....how ADORABLE this is!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is spectacular Linda! I especially love the color combination! Hope to see you soon! :D