Saturday, May 1, 2010

Beeautiful

Happy Saturday everyone.  Do you have a fun filled weekend ahead?  I hope so.  We have a low key weekend  at our house.  I'm feeling much better, but still not 100% so I'm hoping to take it easy.  We have no activities on the calendar which is unusual but welcome.  The weather is great and the boys are out spreading some mulch in the garden beds. 

Today's post is a favorite of mine.  It's kind of a copy - cat card from Karen, but it has my own take on it.  This card uses all A-Muse stamps.  To make it, I started with a stamp image of long grass in certainly celery and then followed up with layer on top of grass (just regular grass - not long) in kiwi kiss.  Then I stamped some mini flowers in pretty in pink and some other mini flowers in mambo melon on the tops of the long grass stems.  I stamped the bumblebee in chocolate chip and then used my priceless embossing folder as the template for my paper piercing for the bumblebee's flight path.  I did a very thin mat of melon mambo on the whisper white image and then  put it all onto a mat layer of chocolate chip.   I had some A Muse green pearls and I liked how it looked to put a full row of them in between the image mat and the sentiment.    I love this card - simple - good for any occasion - summery!  I think I'll make a few more of these to have around. 

Thanks for looking and enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Lovely card Linda! Do hope that you're feeling better! :D