Sunday, May 9, 2010

Flowers and Bees

Did your kids do anything fun for you for mothers day?  I hope so.  It's not so much what they do, but the fact that they thought of you and did something to honor you.  My daughter Sarah is in the middle of finals at college, but she sent a sweet card and called today.    That was perfect!  And best of all, she had news of a potential internship this summer.  She had a second phone interview with World Vision on Friday for a great internship possibility in Washington D.C.  I was so excited for her.  She's one of the finalists being considered and it would be a great opportunity.  My son, Eric also honored me on Mothers Day in his own way.  On our way up to the basketball tournament last night, we drove by one of my stamping stores, so we stopped in.  I showed him a few Amuse stamps I liked and he picked out two and surprised (well not really) me with them today.  He also used my stamps to make a card.  He's not especially creative and it looks like a little kid card, but he did make it.  I hate to say it, but I think he does the hand made cards more because he's cheap than because he wants to make a home-made card, but I'm not complaining.  I'll take any card from a 16 year old!!!

So, my card today is using my favorite theme these days - flowers, bees and birds.   What a great spring combination.  My nieces birthday is in May and I thought she'd enjoy this summer themed card.  I used all Amuse stamps for this - the long grass, the grass, the butterfly and the mini flower.  The colors are all stampin up 'in' colors with old olive for the grass.  The purple is razzleberry, the orange - dusty durango and the pink - melon mambo.  I used some soft pastel buttons with twine in the holes for the upper right corner and the birthday sentiment is from an unknown stamp line, but I liked how the script coordinated with the images.  The inside has a white mat with the words 'have a beeautiful day.'  I hope Helen likes it!

This card also uses the Saturday Sketch Challenge for the week.  This is a great sketch and I'll plan to use it again for future cards.


Thanks for looking and have a great Mother's Day!

6 comments:

Robin Merriman said...

Love the colors in your card Linda and I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day! Thanks for playing with the 411 this week!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Very pretty card. Love the colors of all the little flowers and then to tie it all to match. Love it.

Selene Kempton said...

Beautiful job! I love all the little details you put into this!

Kerin said...

Those little flowers are so cute, and the butterfly too! Glad you had a good Mother's day...even though my boys are 10 and 14 now, they made me cards because they know I love the stuff they make the most :)

Connie Babbert said...

Cute flowers, I love the buttons and colors. Flowers are my favorite to stamp, too! Thanks for playing along with Stamping 411 sketch this week.

Tiffany Bauer said...

Very pretty!!! Thanks for playing along this week over at Stamping 411!!