Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Girls Weekend

Did you all have a nice weekend?   Did it go by way too fast?  Mine did.  We had our annual girls weekend and this year we went to the Jersey Shore.  We had great weather so we enjoyed some beach walks and bike rides in the resort towns.  Several of my cousins are card makers too, so I brought some supplies and Jan did too, so Sunday evening we took over the dining room table at the rental house and crafted.  I made a few graduation cards and all of us made an all purpose card using my new hostess set.  Jan taught me a few great techniques.  She showed me a way to use a pampered chef stone cleaner to get a much crisper score on my folds.  She also showed me how to score first, then bump the card up against the straight edge and using the scorer, press down with the edges on the straight edge and get a great fold that stays put.  I was grateful because I've been struggling to get even folds.  She also showed me that my scorer was dull and needed replacement.  Lastly she taught me how to make paper flowers!  I didn't have the right colors to finish the flower card so I'll be busy week finishing those.  Watch for posts later this week with those goodies.  Here are the cards we finished...

I had found some new memory box paper that is used in the graduation card and the beautiful day card.  It goes so nicely with stampin up celery, chocolate chip and baja breeze.  I added in some not quite navy on the graduation card.  The DP makes such a fast and easy card.  Love it.    The daisy card is so saffron and old olive.  Don't the pearls add a nice touch to the daisies?  My cousin Carol did the paper piercing.  We might just convince her to start card making too.  She is an accomplished cake maker, so she knows about attention to detail.  The calmness cards is also on so saffron and the card base is river rock.  Aren't you glad this one is coming back?  Such a great neutral color!   This one also uses natural white and sahara sand for the layers.

Lastly, here is a group photo of all of us. 
Such a beautiful group of ladies of all sizes and ages - don't you agree?
From left to right, back row: Jan, me, Robin
Front row (also left to right), Caroline, Kathie, Lin, Tracy, Carol. 
Unfortunately cousin Nor couldn't make it,  but she was there in spirit!
Enjoy!

3 comments:

krs__21 said...

Love them all! And I'm glad you had a nice weekend.

wrapknot said...

what a fantabulous time we had!! i found my cards and just have to remember how i was going to finish them.
thanks for the wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

beautiful cards, beautiful card makers, beautiful moments shared together or apart...
"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!" Isaiah 52:7

I'm diggin' your site cousin!
U R B U T full!

Have a blessed day! Nor