Monday, May 3, 2010

Sweet 16 for Christie



Happy Monday everyone.  Did you have a good weekend?  Did the birds wake you this morning or the alarm?  We had a heatwave in New England this weekend so all our windows were open and there was a chorus of birds singing away at 5am this morning.  My alarm goes off at 5:50, so I considered the birds my 'pre-wake up' call and hit the snooze button. 

Do you have a facebook account?  If not, let me tell you why it's such a good thing.  I knew my neices birthday was coming up because my in-laws were discussing her turning 16 at Easter, but I don't have Christie's birthday on the calendar.  Well facebook sends me an e-mail every week and tells me all my friends who have birthday's this week and I'm friends with Christie!  So, now I know that Christie's birthday is Wednesday so yesterday I got busy on a cute sweet 16 card for her and popped it in the mail today.  Thank you facebook!  You make me look organized!!!  I was so glad I had this new 'Enjoy the Ride' stamp set from papertrey ink.  It was perfect for a sweet 16 card.  My good camera is out of battery so this is a not very good photo with my 'other camera.'  You can't see well, but the colors are melon mambo, black and white.  I used the pti argyle on the background and also used my pti rick rack die to cut out rasberry fizz felt to add a nice layer.  Christie is a pearl kind of girl so I added the big pearls to the corners just for her.  The license says 'sweet 16' and the headlights are embellished with diamond brads.  A fun teenage girl card!

So, I think I'm starting to get the paper trey ink bug that everyone talks about.  I am still very impatient and will probably continue to be frustrated waiting for my orders, but I do really love these stamp sets and now that I have them in my hot little hands, I guess I agree with others that they are worth the wait!

This card is also using the SSC149 sketch, but now that I look at the sketch, I think I took a few liberties with the sketch!  Oh well, the basic sketch is there with the ribbon layers underneath.  Next time, I'll be more rigorous in following the sketch design.  Enjoy the day!  Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Patti Chesky said...

The birds are very loud at my house too! In fact, they wake me up so I get up to close the window and then crawl back into bed!! LOL!!!

Your card is fabulous! Love that car image!

Kerin said...

That car is awesome! Love what you've done with the sketch :)

Connie Babbert said...

Oh, some cute card, love the car image.

Tiffany Bauer said...

Cute card!! Love the car image!! Thanks for playing along!!

Selene Kempton said...

Oh so adorable!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is darling Linda! What a great card for a "Sweet 16"! Happy Mother's Day to you my friend! :D