Saturday, May 8, 2010

Using a stamp in a way it wasn't intended

Happy Saturday.  Here in New England it is raining.  Early this morning was a good old fashioned thunderstorm that caused me to linger in bed for a few extra ZZZ's.   What better way to waste away a rainy morning.  Keep in mind - sleeping late for me is staying in bed till 8am!!!   Now we are off to some basketball games.  I don't mind going to basketball games on rainy days.  Sometimes it feels like a waste to be inside when it's beautiful and sunny!

Today's post is for Impression Obsessions challenge to use a stamp in a way it wasn't intended.  So to do this, I stamped the Thistle Garden image 4 times.  I took the leaves and colored them with copics and then cut out three strips to make it like a background stamp.  Then I colored the birds and cut them out with circle punches.  Yes, they have glitter on them too!  I used bermuda bay and garden green with several layers of matting.

Hope you have a fun day ahead.  Thanks for looking!

No comments: