Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Young Man's birthday card


Have you planted any annual flowers in your garden yet this year?   I did last Wednesday.   But then last night we had a frost.  There is frost on my grass in my front yard - On May 11th!  How can this be?  I brought in all my baskets and potted plants and I really hope the cosmos and snapdragons that I put in the ground are okay.  What strange weather we are having - over 90 degrees in April and now frost in New England in May.  Today I am off to a training class for work and then hopefully back early enough to catch the second half of my son's baseball game.  I'll be bringing some extra layers to stay warm.  What do you have planned today?

I whipped this card up last night after I heard about a surprise birthday party for one of Eric's friends.  All his friends are turning 16 but I'm getting tired of using the car stamp - even though it's usually perfect for 16 year olds.  I decided to use this great layout again because - well - it works so well!  I played with my paper trey ink argyle set with more mustard and not quite navy.  I'm loving that set.   I put all of it together with no image.  I had some owls that I was trying to fit in, but they weren't working so then I found this little Amuse squirrel that I got this weekend and he fit perfectly in the spot.    I used up some of the last of my earth elements buttons.  I'll be investing in some new ones with the new catalog in July.    Can't wait to see what stampin up has - I'm sure it will be great!  Well off to the shower to get ready for another busy day.  Enjoy and thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is terrific Linda! Love the color combination! This really is a wonderful layout! :D