Friday, June 18, 2010

Bird Bath BC156 (Bloggers Challenge June Sketch)

Hello friends.

I had so much fun coming up with a card design for this weeks sketch challenge.  It was a great layout and that makes it so easy.  The card practically made itself once I decided on the colors and the image.  What do you think?


I only had enough materials to make one card, but after I finished it I asked my DH to stop on his way home from work at Ink about it, my nearest stamp store that sells amuse and had him pick up some more of the yummy blue card stock.  The color is divine and works so well with the blue green copics.  Unfortunately they were out of the green gingham, but I was glad to get more of this beautiful blue.


Recipe:
Card Stock:  Amuse blue, Amuse green gingham, paper try ink white.
Tools:  Dienamic grass die, nesties oval medium
Accessories:  Sparkling clear smooch (for the bird bath water), stampin up silver thingies (not sure what they are called.)
Stamps: Amuse Bird Bath, Amuse tiny bird, pti sentiment from year of flowers sweet pea
Other: Momento black ink, copic markers

Click on the link on my blog called bloggers challenge to see what other people did with the layout.  Go to Lisa Somerville's page if you want to play along!  Thanks for looking - Enjoy!

14 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Great take on this weeks challenge, love the soft colors and the use of your gingham papers.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card- I love the gingham grass strip-that is a great addition to your card! TFS

BarbaraW said...

Cute card. Love the gingham grass.

Ida said...

This is adorable. Love the sweet birdbath image and the gingham grass is so cute!

Lisa Bohler said...

Love your interpretation of the sketch! The grass and birdbath are adorable!

Barbara said...

I love how you interpreted the sketch! It's perfect in its simplicity and has just the right touches!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

I just love this Linda! You've nailed the Amuse style perfectly here! Such a beautiful mix of colors and a wonderful way to use the grass punch! :D PS. I'll send you an email about the Cape soon! We have something that weekend, so I'm trying to juggle...lol! :D

Heidi Hihn said...

Love what you did with this design! Great card!

Claudia said...

Nice soft colors, and the grass border is really neat!

Rachel Hope said...

Adorable! LOVE the grass!

Lori said...

Too sweet! Love the gingham grass.

Connie Paxman said...

Simplicity and elegance really make this a great card...what an innovative idea using grass at the bottom...that idea rocks.
connie paxman

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Such a cute, pretty card!

Basement Stamper said...

I think it's fabulous, I love that grass punch with the bird bath-perfect.