Friday, June 25, 2010

Chair-ished bloggers challenge BC157 kiwi blue & white

Good morning.

Wow am I ever tired!  Good thing coffee exists.  My husband and I joke and call it sometimes 'the nectar of life.'  Why so tired you ask?  Well, #1 son lost track of time while swimming with friends and didn't come home until 11:30pm.  He had said he'd be home at 10:00.  Of course I had to wait up for him.  I had also called him every 15 minutes from 10-11:30, but since he was in the pool, I didn't hear from him till 11:25.  He was very apologetic AND he has to go to work at 7am today so he'll be awful tired also.  My husband and I will discuss a punishment.  Probably grounded - but not for too long.  He sounded quite sincere, but there should be a consequence. 

Anyway, on to my card creation!  I feel like this is a little copy - cat from the card I made last week because of the blue, but hey, the challenge was to use BLUE and this is a beautiful blue card stock from Amuse that goes really nicely with green!  I needed a card to send with some goodies to my daughter in DC and thought the chair-ished from PTI would be nice for the miss you sentiment.

So  a few details on this, that are probably not visible in the photo.  First, the bottom of the chair has flocking on it.  I thought a textured chair seat was a good idea.  To do this, I just added glue to the seat and dusted the flocking powder on.  Voila - a textured seat.  Second, the rest of the chair is done in smooch.  Smooch goes on just like nail polish - it has shimmer and color and is super cool.  Third, the tufted areas of the chair have clear glue dotted on them.  To do this, you take glue (crystal effects from stampin up works well) and apply a single drop to each spot.  So, up close and personal, this card has a lot of subtle details.  The ribbon is two-sided satin kiwi.  The stamp image was done in soft suede.  The rest should be self - explanatory.  Thanks so much for looking.   Can't wait to see what the other bloggers did with this challenge.  Click the 'bloggers challenge' logo on my side bar if you want to see their stuff too!

17 comments:

Lisa said...

I really like this. Clean and simple, but ti's got lots of bling!

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a fun card, love the idea of using the flocking on the seat cushions! Hope you got some well needed rest, I'm always the one who stays up for the kids to come home too!

Tami Black said...

This is too cute! Love the chairs and all the extras you added -- looks clean and simple, but I love that there are some hidden surprises when you really look at it!

Lisa Bohler said...

LOVE the flocking and the smooch! I will HAVE to get those from the new SU catty! Lovely card!!

wrapknot said...

wow! flocking? painting? we made need another gw just for card instruction.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is lovely Linda! What sensation details! I especially love the chairs! Hope that you get some rest today and thanks for the preview of what's to come with T...lol! :D

Ida said...

Super FUN card. Love the details like the flocking (great idea) and that dog looks so adorable. As if he/she is missing their master.

Rachel Hope said...

So fun! Love the clip in the ribbon!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Excellent card...beautifully created.

BarbaraW said...

Fun card. Love all the touchy feely elements.

Lori said...

Linda, this is lovely! The details you added really make this a special card.

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is DELIGHTFUL! Love the FRESH feel of this! TFS!

Patti Chesky said...

So many seat choices for the kitty to sit on. Too cute!

Connie Paxman said...

What a treat to look at your card...simply stunning on my screen...love your title...so innovative..
connie paxman

Barbara said...

Ahh!! Kids...gotta love them, but sometimes they sure do push our buttons! You stick to your guns, Mom, there SHOULC be consequences, or you'll be up MANY more late night! As for your card...doesn't look like you were tired. You rose to the challenge beautifully...you have created a wonderful card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card- CAS but lots of interest- love the flocking and the added touch of ribbon. TFS

MJ said...

So many fun details. I love the dog too. Very nicely done. I am sure your daughter will love it.