Monday, June 14, 2010

coach thank you cards

Well high school varsity baseball is now over and today is the coaches luncheon where they give the boys their varsity letter and eat pizza.   I made three cards for the coaches.  One for the head coach, one for the assistant coach and one more for the J.V. coach.  Eric was a 'swing' player this year since he was a sophomore.  He was one of the best players on varsity but because he was still in 10th grade, he was eligible to play for J.V. also.  When the J.V. team was short players, the coach would have him play down.  He pitched for varsity, but not J.V. but they liked having him in center field and his bat was a huge asset to the offense.  So yesterday I was challenged to make 3 different masculine cards to honor a coach.  I stuck with the blue colors and had fun with a few stamp sets.

The first one was made for the head coach.  I used a circle punch and not quite navy.  Then I made my own background papers with pti argyle using bordering blue and not quite navy.  Lastly I added some textured twine and a clear button to add a little interest to the lower right corner.  The sentiment comes from a clear and simple set for basketball.  I thought the saying applied to any sport.

This next card is for the assistant coach.  I got some denami stamps with a beach theme and some Amuse sand colored paper so I decided to do this one masculine beachy.  I used versamark and clear embossing for the shells and sand stamps.  I had some old retired DSP with baja breeze, very vanilla and sahara sand colors so I did a mat layer of that and then matted again on baja breeze.  I used a scallop punch for the bottom layer of the blue and a row of sahara sand on top.  I was loving the textured twine and clear button so I repeated that on this card as well.  The sentiment is from 'Teeny tiny wishes' and that was clear embossed as well.



This last card I made using pti chair set.  I love this set but don't always think of an occasion for it.  The sentiment actually reads 'one of a kind friend' but I realized I could leave the friend off and it worked for a coach.  This is for the JV coach because I think he is truly one of a kind.  Very patient.  Very encouraging.   A good role model and smart too.  Anyway, this also uses the very vanilla, baja breeze, sahara sand color combination.  I like this a lot.  It works for a man, but is soft also.  I paper pieced the DSP on the chair and lamp and cut out the cute doggie.  The ribbon is baja breeze and I added a giant vanilla grommet.  The sentiment is inked up with sahara sand.

Now, let's see if Eric remembers to bring the card with him to the luncheon and let's see if he remembers who each card is for.  Hope you all have a great monday.  thanks for stopping by and looking!

1 comment:

krs__21 said...

Well, you have been busy! Love the car's headlights and especially like the way the ribbon is attached through the giant grommet. That argyle stamp set sure is great!