Thursday, June 3, 2010

Graduation Cards

Well, it's June and you know what that means don't you?  It's the grad's and dad's season!  And therefore it's time for me to move out of my comfort zone and start making (gasp!) masculine cards and cards with school colors.  I had a challenge last night when I realized that the Northbridge colors are Maroon and White.  Yikes - I have very little that is Maroon.  Luckily I found a few sheets of Bravy Burgundy and I had a set of stampin spots for the burgundy ink, but no DSP and very few accessories in this color scheme.  So, I made my own DSP using an old hostess set and I added in some river rock to complement the burgendy and white theme.    My friend Karen had loaned me her Happy Graduation stamp.  We haven't had a chance to meet up, so it was still in my stamping room, so I took advantage of the loan and inked it up.  It's a great stamp and I'll probably ink up a few more images in various school colors so I have some on hand.  So many of our friends are all graduating from local schools - I'll have to do my homework and find all the school colors so I'm prepared.

Well I hope you are all enjoying the start of summer!  It's been really nice in New England and I haven't been motivated at night to get down to the craft room.    This weekend I'll be busy making some cards for soldiers, so stop back by next week to see what we come up with!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Clara said...

You have a nice blog! Our mutual friend, Kimberly,invited me to stop by and I'm glad she did. This is a great card....and now has me thinking I may need this stamp too!