Friday, June 11, 2010

Happy Fathers Day for Bloggers Challenge

I'm so excited to be posting for Lisa Somerville's bloggers challenge today.   I asked if I could join the group as a regular member and she invited me in.   I have been playing all week with clear acetate to make clear cards and had a lot of fun making this one.

The base of the card is cut and scored clear acetate.  It's a medium thickness and it cut and scored easily.  It's substantial enough to stand up (important) and the clear acetate gives the card a real modern/simple flare.  The car is from Papertrey ink.  He's a beautie and he's inked up in stampin up real red and momento black.  The background is just a cut strip of neenah white stamped with papertray ink's argyle.  It's double stamped - first the solid argyle pattern in real red and then the line argyle in soft suede.  The headlights get a crystal brad and a mat of soft suede and soft suede ribbon finish this guy off. 

Inside is a layer of white.  I stamped my 'hand stamped by' on the reverse side of the white since the clear causes it to show through.  Then I added the sentiment from teeny tiny wishes which also shows through on the front of the card.  Clear cards are pretty straightforward, but lining things up is a little challenging because the clear acetate tends to grab quickly so you have to position everything carefully and there isn't much room for error.

This one will go out in the mail on Saturday for my Dad in Arizona.  Enjoy the upcoming weekend and thanks for stopping by to look!

11 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Welcome to Bloggers Challenge! Great choice of images/colors to use for your FD card. Just lovin' the clear card!

Ida said...

Welcome to the group. Didn't see your post about joining us so incase you didn't post your direct link you should do so.
Love your card. The Argyle is really a great masculine pattern and goes well with your image.

MJ said...

Welcome to the group. Great card, but your Dad will love it. Glad to have you join us I look forward to enjoying your creations.

Basement Stamper said...

Welcome to the Blogger's Challenge group! Love the little bug on the clear card-I need to give one of these a try.

BarbaraW said...

Welcome to the group. Your card is so cool. Love the effect of a clear card.

tonistamps said...

I love the clear card base!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Welcome to the Blogger's Challenge group Linda! I'm thrilled that you joined! Your Father's Day card is sensational! I'm so glad that you were able to try one of those acetate cards! :D

Lisa Bohler said...

So wonderful! Love the colors! So glad that you joined the group...looking forward to seeing all of you wonderful creations!

Tami Black said...

I love this image! Clear cards are so much fun and I don't do them often enough. I also think they pack a big punch to your recipient. Your dad is sure to love this -- love that DSP too! Very masculine and creative!

Connie Paxman said...

I miseed these fabulous cards, wow and love the blues..and the red cards...I really like the diamond backgrounds for a Masucline look.
Thanks for joining this is an awesome group.
connie paxman

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great card and welcome to the group!