Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My first Penny Black


My friend Kim G. convinced me to get this adorable Penny Black stamp and I'm so glad she did.  This is the cutest little image and I had so much fun inking her up and coloring her in.  Don't you love her sweet smile?  I made up two cards with her and sent them off in my packet of cards for soldiers today.  I can't help but think that some soldier serving overseas will be able to write some sweet words of love to a young girl in his life - maybe a daughter, girlfriend or mother!  I love thinking of how my cards may encourage someone - regardless of if I mail them or if they are sent from someone who uses my cards.

The blue one uses taken with teal and summer sun card stock from stampin up.   The yellow one uses tangerine tango, chocolate chip and crushed curry (also from stampin up.)   The image was colored with a variety of Copics.  My favorite part of coloring her is adding the cute little pink blush to her cheeks and blending it back in with the skin tone marker.  She comes alive when I shade her sweet little face.  Oh and I also loved using my Copic glitter marker on her crown & wings.  It's hard to see in the photo, but the white daisy petals have a coating of shimmer white smooch.  The sentiment on the blue card is from Amuse and fits the bill perfectly.  They yellow card uses a retired set from stampin up. That too works!

Which color is your favorite?  Our family liked the blue best, but the yellow/orange is super fun too!

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Oh my Linda! How adorable! I knew you'd love coloring her up! You did a wonderful job on both of them! I have to go with the blue one too (just because blue is my favorite color)! Well done! :D