Saturday, July 31, 2010

AMC18 - A*Muse holidays in July

I know, I know, Christmas is a long way off, but I wanted to play along with the A*Muse Challenge of Holidays in July and since i had just gotten some A*muse goodies with a christmas theme, I grabbed those goodies, dusted off some older christmas stuff and got busy.

We have a really nice day in New England.  This morning it is actually chilly with the windows open which is such a refreshing change.  The sun is out and we should have sunshine all day.  My hubby is taking me into Boston today to buy some Pandora Charms for my bracelet and we'll go to dinner at PF Changs.  I'm also excited to go to the Boston Common and ride on the swan boats.

But on to my cards today......The first one is using the brand new snowflake that A*Muse introduced this month.  Isn't it sweet?  I stamped it in versamark and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder.  Then after I cut it out, I added one of my prize pack clear stickers.  Aren't they cute??!!  Then I added the glittering ribbon (with a bow) and put it on some basic grey paper and layered it on an embossed PTI blue card stock.  The embossing is SU's new wallpaper pattern and I think it goes nicely with the snowflake.  Lastly I used the new Heaven and Nature sing sentiment from A*Muse and used my nestie to cut it into the nice shape.

The next card is more basic.  This was the second A*muse stamp I bought when I took my Copic class.  I colored our christmas girl with copics and then mat layered her on some green and black with the corners cut and then on top of some old retired SU DSP.

The last card uses my new reindeer stamp and some nice trees.  The sentiment is from a SU hostess set and there are some nestie cut outs for the circles and scallops.

So which is your favorite?

4 comments:

Lori Barnett said...

The girl with the sled is my fav. They are all nice! And lucky YOU going shopping for Pandora Charms!!! I only have 1 -- so far ;)

Courtney K said...

You did an awesome job on all 3!! Love the colors of the first one, second and third are just all around cute.

ChristineCreations said...

Love that sweet little girl pulling the sled of presents! She's so cute!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Delightful cards Linda! I see that you are having fun with your new A*Muse goodies! Hope that you had a wonderful time in Boston! :D