Friday, July 9, 2010

BC 159 Inspiration Challenge

This week for the bloggers challenge we had a photo inspiration to guide us.  This is my first photo inspiration card and I loved it.  It was a challenge though, mostly because this photo has so many beautiful colors, textures and patterns it was hard to choose what to include on my card.

I decided to focus on the blue stripes, the yellow tropical flowers, the pink roses and the dark brown accent.   I used a great layout that I had printed out and chose to make a square card.   This was so fun and I can't wait to see what the other ladies did.

I hope you all have a great Friday and have some fun things ahead this weekend.  We are going to my stepfather's 60th birthday party.  Tune in tomorrow to see the Kayak card I made for him!

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Stampin Up Best Blossoms
Papers:  Summer Sun, Baja Breeze DSP, Espresso, whisper White
Ink:  Pretty in Pink, Summer Sun
Accessories:  small scallop lace punch, daffodil ribbon

14 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty! Wonderful take on this weeks challenge, great design!

BarbaraW said...

Lovely card. Love your take on the challenge.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Your card is fabulous...what a great layout. Gorgeous.

Ida said...

Lovely card. I like the pretty flowers.

Nikki Bond said...

This is gorgeous..love that layout! {SMILES}

Rachel Hope said...

So pretty! Love those flowers!

Connie Paxman said...

Greys yellows browns and pinks...wasn't this a fun challenge...you really aced the color combos...your card is beautiful.
connie paxman

Clara said...

So pretty with the flowers and sentiment. Looks great with the scalloped edging.

Lisa Bohler said...

I like the way you used the DD ribbon with the DD scallop piece to wrap around your card...really pretty and great work with this inspiration!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This turned out wonderful Linda! I haven't seen Best Blossoms in so long...you've done a beautiful job with it! :D

Chrissy D said...

Beautiful card, great sketch and take on the inspiration piece!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your pretty card you did a fantastic job on the challenge! I love your great layout.

Claudia said...

I love the clean look and the colors you chose! Great Card!

Barbara said...

What great interpretation of this week's challenge! This card is just super....love the clean lines. You made it work perfectly!