Friday, July 16, 2010

BC 160 Kimono Kids on Poppy

Good morning and thanks for stopping by.  Today's post is for a sketch challenge with my bloggers challenge group.  I've already seen several fabulous cards made by my team mates and this sketch offers a lot of versatility.  I just got a stampin up box on Tuesday with some great goodies, and I chose kimono girls as my image for this sketch.  After I stamped, colored it with copics and cut it out, I realized I'd have to turn the sketch on it's side to get it to work, but hey - that's allowed!! 


The stamp set includes lanterns also and I couldn't resist inking these up and adding them to the inside.  Aren't they cute in these great bright colors?  Too bad summer sun is retired.  It goes great with the new poppy color!

Recipe:
Stamp set: Kimono Kids
Paper:  Poppy, pti white, summer sun, poppy dsp
Accessories:  Poppy ribbon, silver clip

17 comments:

BarbaraW said...

Too cute. Love the image. Great touch with the round clip and the bow. Great job.

Lisa Somerville said...

Fun bright colors, great take on the sketch, very cute!

Nikki Bond said...

Very cute! Nice cheery color combo...and love your clip with ribbon! {SMILES}

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Fabulous card, what beautiful colors and your image is so adorable. Love it. Hugs, Gayle.

Ida said...

Adorable! Love those little Kimono images. I like the sketch flipped too.

Rachel Hope said...

So cute!!! TFS!

Connie Paxman said...

Linda those kimono girls are so cute...what an exceptional card...I especially love the color combo...
connie paxman

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great card, luv the images and the colors you used!

Connie Babbert said...

Too cute! I want that set just for the lanterns image! lol!

Clara said...

How cute! I not only got my Kimono Girls set this week too, but almost used it in this weeks sketch. This is a great card with the bright, happy colors you chose for it.

Lisa Bohler said...

Just love that I wasn't the only flipper this week! I really like how you used the new colors! Pretty!

Tami Black said...

I would not have looked at this set twice -- you've made me want it -- very cute card and it just makes me smile!

Basement Stamper said...

that turned out super cute-love the asian themed images.

Lori said...

Adorable! Love the bow and spiral clip embellishment.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- love the bright colors and such a sweet image. Great decoration on the inside of the card. TFS

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is absolutely darling Linda! I think this set is so cute! I love how you flipped the sketch and the colors work beautiful together! Wonderfully done! :D

Jane Bosi said...

Awesome--I love how you rotated the sketch and used that clip! I have tons of those!!!