Friday, July 23, 2010

BC161 - Recycle!



Hello everyone.  Did you have a good week?  Mine was busy.  Normally I only work 4 days, but this week I worked 5.  There were some people in from out of town, so I went in on my day off to join one of the meetings and do a presentation for my dept.    I had hoped to be able to take Friday off - but alas, due to several schedule conflicts, I will go in early on Friday for an important meeting on my project with the technical expert and the tech team from India will dial in.  The early morning was the only time everyone could join because of their time difference.  BUT - I will leave early Friday!

So, about my card!  This was fun.  Our challenge was to use something recycled.   So, where did I go for inspiration?  My craft room garbage can of course.  I found a bag from Colorful Creations and I thought, I can totally use this fun, brown waxy bag in my outdoorsy themed card!  So when I cut it down, I realized there was a shift in vertical on the zigzag edge so I decided to make that ground/mountain and put the trees behind.

I colored the Amuse tree image with my copics and layered this on my Amuse wood paper and the card base is always artichoke.  I found my wild about you sentiment and felt that was a good fit for this card and then roughed everything up - added a twine ribbon layer and glued it all together and VOILA - my bloggers challenge card with recycled materials.  I now really want to get some fun amuse sentiments from the great outdoors like their 'life is good' sentiment or their 'take a hike' or some other fun one like that.  Maybe when my mom comes to visit in August she'll want to go to Providence Mall and we can poke into Bella Art and I can find a few treasures!  They usually have a great selection of Amuse sentiments (plus lots of other goodies too!)

Well, I hope you all have a great weekend.  Thanks for stopping by.  Leave a quick comment for me if you can.  I love to hear from those who visit!

16 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Great card, love those trees! The added recycled bag was a great idea!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Terrific card my friend! Love those trees! Great idea to recycle the bag from our little adventure last weekend! I'll head to Bella Arts with you any time you want to go! I love that store! :D

Basement Stamper said...

That turned out super cute!!! I love Colorful Creations-it's a fun store!

BarbaraW said...

Your card turned out great. It's amazing how cool a brown paper bag can look.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Love your torn paper artwork...what a beautiful card. Awesome! Hugs, Gayle.

Clara said...

Great use of the paper bag, especially using the zig zag edges. Really cute card idea. :)

Rachel Hope said...

What a great idea!!! Love the paperbag hil!!!

Tami Black said...

This is way cute -- totally works with the images! And those dogs are just prices (the kids are cute too!).

wrapknot said...

love this card! i'm all about the recyle and totally love those colors. it looks like there could be a gromet on the side where the twine comes through.... could that be?? have great weekend!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving this card- great idea to add the bag- love the look and the trees are lovely! TFS

Claudia said...

Not only is this a great idea, but it worked out so wonderfully too. Great card!

Lisa Bohler said...

This is darling! I love the way you colored the image and the bag fits the image perfectly!

Ida said...

Totally fun card. A great use of the paper bag and makes a wonderful masculine card.

Connie Paxman said...

I am still surprised at everyone's ideas for recylcling...aren't we just the creative bunch...Love this idea of PBag for the color of the grouond...lends a lot of texture to the card.
connie paxman

Marilyn SanClemente said...

What a great way to recycle paper bags.

kbell said...

love the use of your bag!! i'm a big recycler being from the northwest, but often it's hard to make a card cute too. you did it both!!