Friday, July 30, 2010

BC162 - Black and White and ???


Hello card making bloggers!  I hope you all had a fantastic week and have some fun plans for the weekend. Our family is settling into relaxation mode as we wind down the balance of the summer.  Somehow when August rolls around it just seems natural to let a few things go by the wayside, like dusting, mopping and cleaning!  We still keep up with the bathrooms, vacuuming and laundry - but when it's hot and sunny who wants to be inside - so we let things go a little bit.    I have to still have to make cards and enjoy the warm weather don't I???  Do you let anything go in the summer?  Tell me about it in comments if you can!

So this weeks bloggers challenge was to make a card using black and white and one other color.  I made a card on Wednesday and today started my post for you about it, but as I was posting it, I realized there were several things I wanted to change about it.  So, I went down to the craft room, pulled the card apart and re-did it.  Have you ever done that?  It's actually quite satisfying.  I liked the key and the ribbon, but I thought the yellow was too bright and the word image too cutsy for the card.  So, back to the drawing board to use So Saffron instead of Daffodil delight, bird in a cage instead of the dream word image and a few more embellishments to dress it up - such as ticket corner punch, pearls, french script and So Saffron DSP cut in circle scallop for the under layer.

I like the new one so much better.  And I have a sweet person to send a birthday card next week and this is just the ticket!




Thanks for looking.  Can't wait to see how everyone else did black and white.  Click on the bloggers challenge logo to see what the other ladies did or try and make your own card for the challenge.

22 comments:

JP Card Crazy said...

T thank they both are fantastic!!

Chrissy D said...

Linda- this is LOVELY in with the pale yellow!

Lisa Somerville said...

Both are lovely - my fav is the birdcage!

Clara said...

How cute is this! The soft yellow looks great with the black and white. I just ordered this bird cage set, can't wait to get it now. :)

Ida said...

Great cards (both are nice) but the Bird one is more my style. Love that set and need to get it.

Rachel Hope said...

Fun cards! TFS!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Fabulous card...so beautiful!

wrapknot said...

the cards are charming! it's taken years for me to be able to rip apart a completed project, or rework it or throw it out, whichever remedy will work.
i've finally gotten to the part of summer that is letting me get tasks done. pulled everything (literally) out of the ten-year-olds bedroom, and after a cleaning frenzy, put it together. two bags to the garbage, two to donation, and several items to storage. whew! did that feel good. we'll see what other projects i can conquer in the next few weeks, enjoy your special day!! (bd gal :)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Absolutely lovely, my friend! So Saffron is one of my favorite colors and I almost used it too, but I needed a wedding card with specific colors, so I went with that. Fantastic design and I really like the key! I'm loving your work with this bird cage set! :D

Laura said...

that is a BRILLIANT color combo!!! i have used bright yellow with black and white, but the pale yellow is gorgeous!!! and i love that key!

Email me said...

GREAT color combo and awesome cards!

Margaret Raburn said...

Both turned out great but my fav is the Aviary set!! What a wonderful card!

tonistamps said...

I'm in love with this Aviary set! Wonderful job with all of the die cuts.

Lisa Bohler said...

Both cards are wonderful! I love the aviary one for the layout!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the bird house stamp set- great card! Oh and I lov ethe 2nd card too- would make a great grad card....I need one for tomorrow.....

BarbaraW said...

Love both cards. My fav is the birdcage. The images against the pale yellow really pop.

krs__21 said...

Black and White and Interesting All Over!!!

Love the stripes and the curves altogether... it really flows! The key relates really well to the bird cages not only because of the curviness but also the suggestion of metal to metal... and the color scheme is perfect!

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous card, I love the key accent on it!

ChristineCreations said...

Love the B & W and yellow together on BOTH of these cards, it's such a pretty combination!

njburk said...

I LOVE the key you used--tell me--where did you get it?!?
Is it a stamp or a real key? If it's a stamp (and one of ours--maybe I already have it--is it in the same set with the Iffle Tower)
Really love your work. TFShere with us on the BC.
Nola

kbell said...

i just love your "new" card. The inside is great with a different bird cage. LOVE IT!

Marilyn SanClemente said...

Very nice!1 I just got the Aviary set today! Haven't mounted it yet.. I love the black and white with the saffron.