Sunday, July 18, 2010

Cards for Soldiers

We had such a nice time making cards for soldiers this afternoon.  Most were novice card makers but at least 1/2 the group had done scrapbooking so they 'had the skills' if you know what I mean.  If only this heatwave would end!  We don't have central air and my room air conditioner was really struggling with the heat of the day.   It was still 80 degrees in my main room with the ac going full strength.  you'll notice a nice 'glow' on our faces for the photo.  Women don't sweat right - we glisten!  Well, we were all glistening!

In this photo - top row - Jan, Deb, Kim, me.  Bottom row - Robin & Edna.  We have 25 cards to send off to the troops, plus I have several that I made this past month that I'll add also.  Next month it will be time to make Halloween and Thanksgiving cards.  My how the summer is flying by!

Our group made 4 cards each.  I'm only showing you two here because the others are old designs - meaning things I've displayed in the past.


So, this first card is bright and colorful using the new SU Aviary set and some old and new colors.  The blue is tempting turquoise, the yellow is the new daffodil delight and the orange is the new incolor Peach Parfait.

This second card is a french theme using the country morning set from SU.  for this one, I used colored pencils to get a more rustic color.  We did this one on natural white.  the colors are the new SU Pear Pizzazz, SU always artichoke and the french script is done in saffron ink on top of saffron.  Don't you love the new SU incolor poly twill ribbon?  It went really well with this card with it's white edging.  By the way, the image was stamped with momento gray for a more subtle edge - more like a hand drawn pencil sketch.  The black was a little too harsh.

Thanks for looking and enjoy the last few hours of our weekend!

2 comments:

Michele said...

What a nice thing to do! Your cards are beautiful and will be greatly appreciated!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These are lovely Linda! Maybe I'll get to join in next time you all get together! It is for such a wonderful cause! I had such a great time on Saturday! We will have to get together again very soon! Hugs! :D