Saturday, July 10, 2010

Kayaker Masculine Birthday card

Do you ever get a stamp set that you think will be easy to use and then find it hard?  That's what happened with this one.   My DH and I were up in NH for a one night get away and I found a cute little stamping store in Warner.  Of course we had to stop in and they had some great things.  I asked about outdoor sets - like hiking and kayaking because I have a request for some cards this fall with that theme and they pointed me to this stamp and another that has a hiker.  The hiker was actually very easy to incorporate into a card because I can add a lot of color to him and he is a 'normal' size.  This kayaker - not so easy.  First, he is an odd size, second he is hard to color and third - he is a little 'dull.'  So, I had to work at this one.  Eventually I got this card which I'm reasonably happy with, but it wasn't easy.

This card uses one of my favorite layouts.  this has become my 'go to' layout when nothing else seems to be working.  I love the Argyle set from pti because I can very easily get a big punch of color and interest in any color combination I'm working with.  I don't have a big inventory of designer paper, so this becomes my stand by for different color options.  I also grabbed some Amuse blue paper and some cool new teeny tiny buttons to add to the new Early Espresso ribbon.  And that's how this card came together.  Thanks for looking!  Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is a great masculine card Linda! It is hard enough to make cards for the men in our lives, and then to have a stamp that is difficult to work with doesn't make it any fun! You really did a wonderful job here and the stamp works so well with your sketch! :D