Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Marina Mist Birthday

Good morning stampers.  We had a nice extra long weekend this week. My husband and I both took off Friday and Monday was the holiday.  It was very relaxing and today I'm trying to muster some energy to go off to work.  We are having a heat wave in New England (again) so I'm thankful I have an indoor job with A/C, but right now, I'm enjoying sitting in my chair with my coffee.  After I post this card, I'll start my summer bible study - Old Testament Challenge.   The old testament is fascinating with it's stories of God's power and love in the midst of really messed up people.  Can't wait.

So about my card.  Do you ever start out with one plan and wind up with something completely different?  I started this card with an idea to use my new kayaker and a layout I had seen on a website.  So I started with the layout and got the grommets on the edge, the colors in play and the background papers in.  But then when I went to add the kayaker, the image just wasn't working.   It was too small and boring.  So I decided to make the focal point the message and I like the way this turned out.  Tune in later this week to see how I did use my kayaker with a different layout!  ( - :

The colors are river rock, marina mist and natural white - these colors go so well together.  I'm loving marina mist.  It's my favorite blue these days.  The stamps sets are argyle from pti and a retired birthday set from stampin up.  I used a polka dot embossing folder and some textured thread from pti on my grommets. 

Thanks for looking - leave a comment if you can!  Enjoy

No comments: