Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Nathaniel's birthday card


One of the things I love about card making is having the ability to make a custom card for the special people in my life.  I love considering their interests and hobbies when a special occasion comes up and creating a card just for them based on who they are.  Sometimes I get frustrated because I don't have the exact images or supplies to really make something just for them, but generally I am able to get close.

My nephew Nathaniel (called n-man by family) is turning 12 later this month.  He is a real outdoor kind of guy.  If I really wanted to make this a true N-man card, it may have included a bow and arrow and a camouflage hat, but this is close enough since he also loves to hike.  This will go out next week with a gift card to Target, hopefully getting to him just before they head to Maine for their family vacation.

Thanks for looking, have a great day!

Card Recipe:
Image:  Rubber Soul stamp, Amuse sentiment, canvas background stamp (retired from SU)
Card Stock:  River Rock, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Old Olive
Accessories:  Chocolate Chip polytwill ribbon, Copic markers

No comments: