Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wonderful U



I was asked by a friend of mine from church to make 15 thank you cards for a team of people who worked on the church website.  She asked if I could make 'web' themed thank you cards.  Hmmmm, not an easy task, but I said sure.  As I talked to her, it became clear that she wanted something special with lots of extras on it.  So, rather than try to incorporate a computer image, I choose to work with the web color scheme and make a special card suitable for man or woman.  So what do you think?  This baby has a ton of texture!  The photo may not make it clear but the cherry cobbler red in the lower part of the background is embossed with polka dots.  The u is raised up  and the cream cardstock is using the natural paper with flecks of browns mixed in.  And of course the sahara sand mat is distressed around the edges.    I really like how this came out.

The colors were an attempt to match the reds and brown/greens that they used on the new website.  Check out the website to see the comparison.

http://www.fcch.org/

I think to finish these off, I'll print out the top header of the website and attach it to the inside bottom of the card.  Now that I have my one sample card finished, I'll send it to my friend for final approval and then get busy making 14 more!

Recipe: 
Stamp set:  wonderful words (su), argyle (pti)
Paper:  cherry cobbler, natural white, very vanilla,
Accessories:  twine, u (made from cricuit machine), distressing tool

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

I'm sorry! I've somehow missed this one Linda! What a terrific card, and yes...perfect for a man or a woman! I adore those giant eyelets and they look wonderful with the thread! :D