Friday, August 6, 2010

BC 163 Bloggers Challenge Sketch Circle Tree

Hi all, Happy Friday!

This week our bloggers challenge was to use a specific sketch designed by Lisa Somerville.  This is a fun sketch and it was easy to make a fun and interesting card based on the sketch.

This week I decided to use my new stamp Birch Trees from A Muse.  This is one of their new fall/winter stamps and it's so fun to play with.  The base of the tree is the main stamp and then on the edge of the woodblock there are the leaves.  I just added lots and lots of leaves in three colors - old olive, perfect pear and certainly celery.  The tree trunk is done in soft suede.  The stamp came from Bella Art in Rhode Island.  My mom came for a visit this week and she and I both wanted to go to cheesecake factory for lunch so while we were in the area I thought I'd stop in and see what they had and yes we had salad for lunch and cheesecake (red velvet surprise and blueberry swirl to share with the family) while there.  Yum!  Anyway, back to the card and stamps!  I had a 20% coupon from my summer stroll card.  The local stamp stores in our area all pulled a promotion together where you buy the card for $5.00 and anytime you spend a min purchase (it might be 10, maybe 20 - I've never had trouble meeting the minimum {sigh.}) The discount applies to a one time  purchase at any of the ten participating stores, until mid-september.  So, the trees (and a few other goodies) found their way home Wednesday and then immediately got inked up for the challenge.

Hope you all have some fun plans this weekend.  Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Nikki Bond said...

This is fantastic! Love how the trees extend below the circle! {SMILES}

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely card, the trees look great extending beyond your circle.

Pat Huntoon said...

Nincely done!

Chrissy D said...

VERY CUTE! Love that ribbon!

Ida said...

Great card. The trees looks fantastic. You made a great purchase and your card turned out beautifully.

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Very cool card! I'd love to be in the shade of those trees right now!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Beautiful card, Linda. Love the green tones.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

I'm glad to see that you were finally able to get your birch trees...lol! This turned out so pretty Linda! I love the way that you used the wide ribbon! Wonderfully done! :D

Lisa Bohler said...

I like how your trees go beyond the focal image! Super cute!

Regina (TheStampin'Bean) said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for your sweet comment on mine. I love the way you stamped the trees. Very nice!

Tami Black said...

Great card -- these buttons are darling and it's a great image!

Email me said...

I LOVE the scallop circle layer! What a great card!

Clara said...

Very nice card. I love the color combination you chose and what a great new tree image!

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colors of it. Great job with the sketch.

Isn't the Red Velvet cake just to die for there...it's sooooo good!

njburk said...

Great card from the sketch.
Love the colors.

BarbaraW said...

Wonderful card. Love how you did the trees. Love the colors.

JP Card Crazy said...

I agree love the way you did the trees, very nice card!!!

Lori said...

Great take on the sketch! Love how you extended the tree trunks beyond the image panel--it really adds an interesting detail.