Friday, August 13, 2010

BC 164 - Birthdays - Does it happen to you also?

It happens.  If you are like me, it happens more often now that I am a card maker. I'm late with cards! Before I made my own cards, I visited Hallmark frequently.  I also had a stash of birthday and other cards to pull from when I needed one.  But now that I'm a card maker, I can't use just a store bought card.  NO!!!  I will make a card.  And not only will I send a handmade card but I will make a card with the person I'm sending it to in mind!  Even though I have a huge stash of cards made at workshops & for challenges I can't use an existing card - I have to make a custom card!  So what happens?  I flip the calendar to a new month and {gasp} such and such's birthday is upon us!  And I have not made the card yet.  Nor have I done laundry, grocery shopping or housework.  So then what?, I intend to make a card tonight.... or first thing after work tomorrow or on my day off Wednesday, but inevitably, the card is not done in time to put in the mail BEFORE the birthday.  So I'm late.  Sometimes I'm so late, it needs a belated message - like this time.  BUT, it will be gorgeous AND it will be a card made with the person in mind AND it is to someone I care about so HOPEFULLY they appreciate it all the same - even if it is late!

This card went out with a hand made gift included (all the more reason why it was late!!)  I wanted to make some blank cards to go along.  I've seen a lot of bloggers making the same card with different color schemes so I had so much fun playing with colors for my cupcake cards and my kimono kid cards.  Below is the sampling of the gift pack enclosed.
Clean and Simple and Fabulous (if I must say so myself!)

All of this went out to my dear cousin Lin.  Happy belated birthday Lin.  I had so much fun making these for you!  I hope you enjoy sending them to family and friends and I hope you don't mind that they were late!

Are you late or on-time with your cards?  Are you better now that you make cards or worse?  Please tell me I'm not the only one!

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend.  Card recipes below:

Belated Birthday
Stamps:  Dog in purse from Amuse, Sentiment from memory box
Paper:  white from pti, pink pattern from amuse, green - certainly celery from stampin up
Accessories: Square Scallop from Spellbinders Nestabilities, Ribbon from May Arts White Silk, Copics and flower brads from stampin up.
Cupcakes
Stamps:  Flower Cupcake from Lockhart, Sentiment from A*Muse
Paper: Yellow Card - Daffodil Delight and pumkin pie (SU), Gingham from A*Muse
Green Card - A*Muse card base, Tempting Turqoise (SU), Gigham from A*Muse
Pink Card - A*Muse card base, Old Olive (SU), Gingham from A*Muse
Accessories:  Ticket corner Punch, Green or White Pearls
Kimono Kids
Stamps:  Kimono Kids from SU, Sentiment on red card from A*Muse
Red Card:  Poppy Parade (SU) Poppy Parade DSP (SU), Rich Razzleberry (SU), ribbon: Rich Razzleberry
Green Card:  Pear Pizzaz (SU), Pear Pizzaz DSP (SU), Regal Rose (SU), ribbon: Regal Rose, Sentiment punched out with SU punch.  All colored with assorted copics.

20 comments:

Clara said...

Linda, happy to be your first comment this morning! Your cards here are fabulous. Love the colors you chose, and although a simple style, they came out terrific. Great job. :)

Lisa Bohler said...

What a wonderful card and gift set you've created!!! Absolutely adorable!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful cards, great CAS designs. Cute story behind your creations too!

Pat Huntoon said...

That happens to me, too! And I have hundreds and hundreds of cards here. Like yours though, and the gift pack, too.

BarbaraW said...

Cute belated card. Love the puppy in the purse.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Well, it's no surprise that we get along so well...we have so many things in common...I have the same thinking about my cards and more often than not, I'm usually late in sending them out...lol! These are absolutely wonderful! (Could you bring along the cupcake stamp tonight too? Please!!!) I'm sure that your cousin didn't mind getting this fantastic package a little late! :D

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gorgeous artwork, Linda! Beautiful.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your cards- all of them- I really like the Asian ones at the end of your post too! It sounds like we have a ton in common! I do the same thing.

Ida said...

Super cute (love that little Chihuahua) I bet the recipient loves it too and those gift cards as well.

Nikki Bond said...

These are fantastic Linda! I'm with you...>I always have to make a "fresh" card too! I tend to give my pre-made ones I have stashed away to the kids to do with what they want. LOL Loved each and every one of them..have a great weekend! {SMILES}

wrapknot said...

great cards, they are sooooo her! and you should know that in our family, it's not only the birth-day, but birthday-week and birthday-month, so you had plenty of time to send them out.
as a newbie stamper, i seem to be falling into that trap of needing the card to be made by my hand and personalized. what can be done to nip that habit?

Rachel Hope said...

Cute Cute Cute! Love the little pup in a bag

JP Card Crazy said...

What a cute Belated Birthday card. I think anyone would like getting a late card this cute!

MJ said...

Yep, it happens exactly the same way for me. Go figure. Great cards, all of them!

Basement Stamper said...

Great birthday card and what a fabulous set of cards.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Your artwork is FAB, and your story is so true, glad there is someone else just like me...gotta be special, almost always late, and altho you may call them CAS, they certainly don't look that way.

Barbara said...

I'm with you! Can't BUY a card....the horror! ALWAYS make one with the person in mind....mayb it's a sickness many of us share?!! I've yet to make a card for my sister who is celebrating her birthday this Monday....it will NEVER get to her on time!! YIKES!! All your creations are wonderful, but I bet they were all loved and treasured by their recipient.

Email me said...

the brads are just fab!

Lori said...

Great clean and simple cards! Love the variety of colors.

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Great cards! I love the variety of "matching" notecards too! (BTW, love your craft room pics, especially showing that you're a SOX fan!)