Friday, August 27, 2010

Inspired by nature BC 166

Happy Friday everyone,

Today's challenge was the color scheme Red, Yellow and Green.  So during my walk with the dogs yesterday I was brainstorming what to do.  Where do we see Red, Yellow and Green together in nature?  Well the garden of course!  So I dug out my A*muse really rosy stamps (rose and rose leaves) and whipped up this quick and simple flower card.  It's pretty simple, but it's growing on me.

I also included some of my garden photo's that inspired me.  No, I don't have roses in my garden but I have some lovely yellow and red flowers blooming strong.


Card Recipe:
Stamps:  A*Muse really rosy - rose and rose leaves, Friends make life blossom (also A*Muse)
Paper:  Wild Wasabi, Pear Pizzaz DSP, Wild Wasabi DSP,  Daffodil Delight
Ink:  Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight
Accessories:  Martha Stewart eyelet punch, Pear Pizzaz ribbon, Nesties circles, modern label punch

18 comments:

MJ said...

This is really pretty, love that rose stamp. Love the shades of the colors you chose. Beautiful!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This turned out beautifully Linda! Your flowers are wonderful (on the card and in your garden!) Terrific layout too! :D

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Your card is so pretty and I love the garden photos! If only mine looked 1/2 as good this time of year!! TFS!

BarbaraW said...

Great use of the colors with the flowers. Very pretty. I like how you also showed the garden flowers.

Rachel Hope said...

Very pretty! Love the flowers!

Lisa Somerville said...

Pretty, love the stamps, and your flower garden looks beautiful!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

It is such a beautiful card!!

Ida said...

Lovely card. I really like the floral rose image you used and that Pear Pizzaz ribbon is awesome (got to get some of that). Beautiful flowers in your garden as well.

Clara said...

Pretty card! I really like the border punch you used along with the Pear Pizzaz ribbon.

Lisa Bohler said...

Your card is so pretty! Love how the colors of the flowers POP against the pear pizzazz!

Lori said...

Lovely! The red and yellow flowers look so nice against the green background.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I LOVE flowers so am loving the card you created! Pretty, pretty!

Tami Black said...

Linda, the card is gorgeous. I think I would have been afraid to try those big images but you used them beautifully. Tell the forgotten dog that he is in my heart! That pictures just makes me want to reach through and hug him/her!

Email me said...

so, SO pretty!

Basement Stamper said...

Love the flowers, and that's one of the things I think of as well. Great job!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

very pretty, great inspiration, and what a good looking Jr. you have!

Marilyn SanClemente said...

Very pretty!! Love the pictures of the flowers too!

Connie Paxman said...

Linda, your garden is as beautiful as your card...Love the bright and variance of the color of roses...I need to get that stamp...
Perfect PP to go with the stamp set.
connie paxman