Friday, September 3, 2010

BC 167 Masculine Birthday

Happy Friday!  Do you have any interesting plans for the weekend?  It's my son's birthday on Tuesday and a holiday on Monday so we have several birthday celebrations including Eric's birthday gift - Red Sox tickets for him and either 1 or 2 friends on Monday.  He can invite 2 friends and his dad will take them all into Boston, or he can invite 1 friend and I can go too.  It's his birthday and I want him to enjoy it, so I won't feel bad if he chooses another friend.



For the bloggers challenge we were to use the below sketch.  I love this layout, it was easy to work with.  I used some oldies from SU to make this masculine birthday.  It's simple, but I like it and I think Eric will like it too.

Recipe:
Stamps:  SU Lovely as a Tree, 
Sentiment: SU Full of life
Card Stock: PTI Kraft, Amuse grain, Very vanilla, old olive 
Ink color:  old olive, soft suede (markers)

Thanks for looking - Enjoy!

20 comments:

Clara said...

A Happy Birthday to Eric! Very nice birthday card using one of my all time favorite stamp sets. Nice job :)

Lisa Somerville said...

Hope your son has a wonderful birthday! The woodgrain looks great under the tree image!

Tami Black said...

Linda,

Fabulous card-- love that DSP! It is impossible to go wrong with Lovely As a Tree and I think the simple elegance of this card would be perfect for a man or a woman! Hello to the forgotten dog!

Heidi Hihn said...

Great card! I love the nature theme it has!! Happy Birthday to your son!!

BarbaraW said...

Great masculine birthday card. The colors are wonderful and the tree panel works perfectly with the image.

Rachel Hope said...

Love the woodgrain! great card!

GCgirl said...

Great card...one of my all-time favorite stamps :-)

Ida said...

Wonderful Masculine card. I love that tree image and the woodgrain background works with it perfectly. Happy BDay to your son.

Chrissy D said...

Such a fantastic card!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

What an excellent card. Beautiful!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This turned out perfectly Linda! Love the wood grain paper with this image! (Lucky me...I have some in my stash...lol!) Love the little library clip too! Happy Birthday Eric!! :D

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great card, hope he has a wonderful birthday, Red Sox tix...kewl.....however it turns out, Mom...you da' best!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your card- and the sentiment. Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy all of the birthdays! TFS

Basement Stamper said...

Great masculine birthday card!

tonistamps said...

This is probably my favorite stamp set ever - it's one of the first stamps I bought over 10 years ago. I love what you've done with it!

Lori said...

This is a perfect masculine birthday card!

Lisa Bohler said...

What a fantastic masculine card! I really like how you added the clip to the sentiment panel.

Connie Paxman said...

Linda...what a wonderful Masculine card...I love the fall look to your card...great job on the challeng..

Jane Bosi said...

Happy Day to the Kiddo! Love your card!

Nikki Bond said...

This is a perfect masculine card! Love it! {SMILES}