Friday, September 24, 2010

BC170 Bloggers Challenge - recyle


 


Happy Friday everyone.  Today's challenge was to reuse something on our card.
  
My first image is my 'garbage' that I modified and used in my card.  Some of you may recognize this as a 3 pack of tombo adhesive.  I decided to reuse the acetate clear on my card.  The first photo of the front shot of my card does not clearly show the reused material so I took a side angle shot so you could better see the neat texture and visual interest that it has in person.

16 comments:

GCgirl said...

Great card and re-use of you packaging :-D

Tami Black said...

Love this idea! I'd be covering it with Crystal effects and having to wait on it to dry -- I'm going to take a closer look at my trash from now on!

MJ said...

Smart! I just happen to have that very same garbage sitting around in my studio! Tee Hee. Great idea and fun card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very nice card- and a great idea. What did you use for adhesive to make the recycled acetate stick?

BarbaraW said...

I knew that acetate packaging should come in handy. Great project.

Email me said...

how absolutely genius! Way cool to use the acetate from packaging!

Lisa Somerville said...

Super creative use of the packaging. Love the colors you used!

Ida said...

Now see this is why I said that I'm not that clever at recycled projects. This is wonderful and so creative.

Rachel Hope said...

Awesome idea! Love it!

Basement Stamper said...

What a fabulous idea to use this over the jar, looks fantastic!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Fabulous idea Linda! So creative! I love this mix of colors too! Beautifully done! :D

Lori said...

What a great idea! The plastic works perfectly to add a glassy look to the jar image.

Clara said...

Great idea and so creative! Love your image and the colors you used.

Marilyn SanClemente said...

What a great use for that plastic. That stuff drives me nuts...

tonistamps said...

VERY creative use of recycles! The glass effect is perfect for the jar!

njburk said...

Late but better then never----love what you did--so very clever!