Friday, September 10, 2010

Fall - Bloggers Challenge # 168

Happy Friday and Happy Fall!  Do you like in an area where the weather is starting to turn?  Fall is my favorite season in New England for many reasons but really food and scenario are at the top of my list.  Today I just enjoyed a crisp Macintosh apple with my lunch.  YUM.  When they are in season, they are the best!

I have four cards to show you today!!!  Do you think I'm a bloggers challenge show off? I'm not trying to be.  The reason I have 4 cards today is because next week is the deadline for fall themed cards for soldiers.  I have several ladies coming over Sunday to make these cards that we'll send off to the distribution center to go to the service men and women overseas.  Since they match the bloggers challenge of fall, I thought I'd show them all to you.  Details below.  Leave me a comment and tell me which one is favorite and why!  My husband couldn't decide, but I think he was leaning towards the apple bucket - only because the sentiment is so special {smile} - Men really are softies don't you think?

Recipe for Apple Bucket:  
Stamps:  Retired SU - unknown name Sentiment is from paper trey ink signature greetings.
Ink:  Stayz on brown
Paper:  SU Wild Wasabi, SU Ruby Red, A*Muse Green Gingham
Twine:  Bakers Twine
Technique:  Paper Piercing

Recipe for Fall Truck
Stamps:   SU Loads of Love
Ink:  Momento Black
Stayz on brown, SU Peach Parfait
Paper:  SU Wild Wasabi, SU Whisper White, SU Summer Sun (retired)
Technique: Coloring (used SU markers for this one  - summer sun and chocolate chip)


Recipe for Falling leaves

Stamps:   A*Muse Birch Tree, unknown sentiment
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Tangerine Tango

Paper:  SU Tangerine Tango, SU Soft Suede, SU Very Vanilla



Recipe for Mason Jar Black Eyed Susans

Stamps:   PTI Friendship Jar and Friendship Jar fillers

Ink:  Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Tangerine Tango

Paper:  SU Tangerine Tango, SU Soft Suede, SU Very Vanilla
Twine (Brown Bakers Twine) & die cut for mason jar overlay (from papertrey ink.)

20 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, four cards...you busy girl! Great throwback sets! Thanks for sharing your creations.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love all four of your fall cards-I always love the Pickup truck and love the jar with the ruffle around the edge. TTF!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful fall themed cards, I'm sure the gals you have coming over to stamp for the Soldiers will enjoy creating them - such a wonderful thing you're doing! My Fav is the mason jar - wonderful addition of the twine and overlay!

Ida said...

These are all wonderful Fall/Autumn themed cards. I love this season too. The Apple Bucket and the Mason Jar were my top picks.

Nikki Bond said...

These are all fantastic! {SMILES}

GCgirl said...

I do love the apple bucket (sentiment esp.), BUT I have to say the jar of daisies wins the prize for me--they are SO cute :-D

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Love all of the cards! My favorite is the flowers in the mason jar -- love what you did with the "ruffle" around it! Very cute!

JP Card Crazy said...

Love all four cards!!!! Colors are fantastic!!! But 4? i am jealous!

Linda Monroe said...

Testing to see if I have Captcha turned on.

BarbaraW said...

Four great cards. What a wonderful project. I like them all, but if I have to choose one, I guess it would be the tree. I love the vibrant colors.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

I love them all Linda! It looks like we are going to have a fun time on Sunday! I can't wait!! My favorite is the apple bucket one! I love the Mason jar one too! You did a beautiful job on all of them! See you Sunday! :D

Lori said...

They're all great! I think my favorite is the tree--I love that image!

Basement Stamper said...

wow, those are great! I especially love the sunflowers card.

Pam said...

Hello there Linda! I Love your puppies! Cards are pretty great too! ;) I just stopped by to thank you for the wonderful contribution to my Cards for Soldiers program. Your cards are terrific and the postage money is very much appreciated! Thank you so much! Pam

Clara said...

All four cards are really nice! I would have to say that the jar with the flowers is my favorite. I think the little ruffle is really cute on it. Great contribution to the Soldiers program!

Rachel Hope said...

Great projects!! TFS!

Connie Paxman said...

that is great to make cards for the soldiers...and the stampin gals will enjoy making them...for such a good cause...
I think my fav...is the flower stems in the jar...I even have a jar stamp...
TFJ
connie paxman

tonistamps said...

Great fall themed cards! I can't pick a favorite...although this reminds me that I never did get that set with the apples and bucket, and I totally love it. Great job with the challenge.

Lisa Bohler said...

I love all of your fall themed cards!!! What a fantastic tribute to fall!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh GREAT fall cards! TFS!