Friday, October 8, 2010

BC 172 Garden Girl with cork
















Good morning bloggers.  Are you starting to notice shorter days and cooler air where you live?  It's definitely fall in New England and I'm trying to enjoy every moment.  Winter will be here before we know it so I'm trying to savor the last bits of nice weather.  Do you love stamping more in the fall/winter?  I think I do.  I spend more time inside and I am finding that whenever I have free time I'm heading down to the craft area.

For today's post, I have a bloggers sketch challenge to share with you.  My friend Kimberly has a great selection of my favorite things images and when I saw her last month, she stamped a few of them for me.  I decided to use the garden girl image for my card today.  This card will go to my niece Hannah for her 9th birthday.  I can't believe she is getting so grown up.  Pretty soon these cute images won't cut it and I'll have to venture into more grown up cards for her!

I had fun playing with my new cork paper.  Yes, it's cork - very thin and easy to cut.  Very fun and interesting. 

Card supplies:
Image:  MFT Garden Girl
Paper: A*Muse pink and pink gingham and cork
Accessories:  Button, copic markers

19 comments:

Clara said...

How sweet! Love the colors and image that you used. :)

Lisa Bohler said...

Love how well the cork goes with the pink that you used! Pretty cute!

MJ said...

How darling. Great coloring and great choices of colors. The cork is such a fun touch!

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute, wonderful colors, I'm sure your niece will love it. The added cork is a fun embellishment!

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Your niece is going to love the card! Adorable! Love the cork paper too -- haven't tried that yet. Flipping the sketch was a great idea too! TFS!
(p.s. where around Boston do you live? I'm 20 minutes north of Boston.)

Chrissy D said...

GREAT take on the sketch! This is DELIGHTFUL!

Ida said...

So Cute. I love those Pure Innocence images too. Love your Cork paper accent. Bet your niece loves this sweet card.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Love your card. Beautiful!

Nikki Bond said...

Very cute! Love the cork. {SMILES}

Tami Black said...

How adorable and sweet is this? I love the cork and the simplicity of this entire card. Sure to bring a smile to your recipient's face!!

BarbaraW said...

The cork is a fun addition to such an adorable card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

How sweet- I love the sweet image- and all of the pink! The cork adds a nice touch. TFS

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is wonderful Linda! You did such a beautiful job with this image! I'm so glad that you liked it! The cork is a great accent and it goes so well with the pink! :D

Heidi Hihn said...

Love the colors you chose!! It goes great with the image!

Basement Stamper said...

I love this images, she's so cute and love the corkboard strip.

Lori said...

Just adorable! Love the texture from the cork paper.

njburk said...

Very cute--have not worked with cork--will have to give it a try!

Marilyn SanClemente said...

sooooo cute! I love this girl!

Rachel Hope said...

Aaawww, So Cute!!! :)