Friday, October 1, 2010

BC171 Bloggers Challenge Anniversary

Happy Friday Bloggers!  Are you doing anything fun or special this weekend?  I am!  There is a fabulous Christian Bible Teacher called Beth Moore who is in MA this weekend for a conference.  A bunch of us from my church are going.  I am actually going to be a volunteer at the event so I will get front row seating and an opportunity to help with the event.  Surprisingly I actually prefer to help than just attend.  I'm not sure why that is, but I just do!  The only down side is that we have to be there early on Friday and Saturday.  Since the event starts at 7:00 on Friday, I will leave work early to be there for 4:30.  On Saturday, being early means being there at 7am.  Hopefully they'll have coffee.

Anyway, it's been a busy (but fun) week and I'm so glad that the bloggers challenge post this week is for a card I had already just made.  Sometimes life works out!  The challenge this week is anniversary and Bob and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary on Tuesday so here is the card I made for him.  If you want to see photos of us through the years look at Wednesdays post.  It's chock full of photos (one for every 5 years of marriage!)

For this card, I decided to go with the sunshine theme.  I also used my new Sew Mini sewing machine for the first time.  To make this, I used the circle nestie to get a big circle and then just cut out squares (and then triangles) to make the edges of the sun.  I used summer sun and a great DSP (retired) with summer sun & chocolate chip.  I had a few summer sun corduroy buttons left over from last years goodies and added in a nice brown gingham to round it out.  The sentiment is a new favorite of mine from PTI.  I love the bold script and the sentiment is just my thoughts exactly.  I also could have done my A*Muse 'you are my sunshine' but for my hubby, this seemed a little more classy and fitting for the 25th anniversary.

I hope I get a little smoother with my sewing with experience.  It's not awful, but I think I can do better next time.  Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.  Thanks for stopping by and leaving a love note!

12 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Loved looking at your Anniversary pictures - you both look wonderful and happy! Perfect sentiment for your card - happy belated Anniversary!

BarbaraW said...

Wonderful card. Thanks for sharing your anniversary photos.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Your card is gorgeous!!

Ida said...

Wonderful Anniversary card, It's so fun with that bright sun.
Loved all the Anniversary photo's in the post below. Congrats on 25 years together, (so rare these days).

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card- I LOVE sewing on cards- awesome job! What nice Anniversary pictures! TFS

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a delightful card Linda! I love the sun that you've created! Your sewing looks great too! We'll talk soon! Enjoy the conference! :D

Lisa Bohler said...

Love seeing all of your pictures for your 25th! How fun to put them all together on one page! Lovely card...that sunshine idea is gorgeous!!!!! Wonderfully done!

Clara said...

Thanks for sharing your anniversary photos over the years with us! Loved reading your story and your positive attitude on getting older. :) It's a fun, bright anniversary card. I'm sure Bob loved it. Great job. :)

Lori said...

Happy anniversary! Love the stitched sun on your card.

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous card, love the layout of it and that sentiment on the bottom!

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Love the bright sunshine, and your stitching was a great addition! (My sister always stitches on her cards, but I haven't attempted yet!)

JP Card Crazy said...

Great anniversary card! Congrats also on your anniversary!