Friday, October 22, 2010

BC174 - Birds - Reuse or Recycle

Happy Friday,
Today's bloggers challenge is to make a card reusing something or recycling something.  I had my beautiful Lang calendar off the wall this week to update our schedule with some activities coming up and was inspired to use some of the previous months pictures in my recycle card.  I took my sketch inspiration from the crafting magazine CARDS.  The sketch inspiration had several 1 1/2 inch square images on the front of a card with stitching, so VOILA, my card came together quickly.  I cut out the month of April and took several of the little birds in the calendar picture and pulled it together.  Thanks so much for looking and leaving comments.  Enjoy!

Recipe:
Images: 'The Lang Songbird 2010 calendar' featuring the artwork of Susan Bourdet.
Card Stock:  SU Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Soft Suede
Cut outs:  Bird punch from SU (branches only)
Sentiment:  SU Teeny Tiny Wishes, Birthday Hugs and Wishes (SU retired)

15 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty! Wonderful way to recycle those beautiful photos from the Lang Calendar - the added stitching looks great!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very pretty- what a great way to use the beautiful photo's from your calendar! Love the accents you added.

BarbaraW said...

Lovely card. Great idea to recycle those beautiful calendar pictures. Great layout.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Terrific reuse-recycle. Excellent idea. Beautifully created.

Tami Black said...

Beautiful! I just tossed a gorgeous calendar and would love to have it back after seeing this!

GCgirl said...

GREAT project! I am going to look around for come clearance calendars to re-use!

Ida said...

How lovely. What a great use of the calendar. Love the stitching detail as well.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is beautiful Linda! I always like yellow and blue together! I see that you've been having fun with your sewing machine too! Well done, my friend! I can't wait to see you on Sunday! :D

Rachel Hope said...

What a wonderfully sweet card!!!

Heidi Hihn said...

Love the colorful birds, great idea to use the calendar to make such a lovely card!

Clara said...

Great recycling idea! The card looks great (love the birds) and the added stitching was perfect for the layout.

Basement Stamper said...

Oh, this is a great idea, I always throw pictures aside to use on my cards and never do. Love the birds!

Marilyn SanClemente said...

I always love all of the pictures on my calendars and never know how to use them! What a wonderful idea!

Lisa Bohler said...

What a super idea to reuse those great pictures from a calendar!!! I keep those all of the time, too!

Connie Paxman said...

Now that is thinking to use an old Calendar...I have never given that thought to recyle...love the added touch of using them as inchies and stitching.
connie paxman